Forums

Topic: Showcase 2023 Predictions & Rumours

Posts 21 to 40 of 117

Grumblevolcano

Given the Front Mission article about trophies appearing, I predict there's going to be a big Square Enix segment of the showcase. Start off with the really expected which would be FFXVI but then transition it into announcing a bunch of the Switch games that aren't currently on PS4/PS5 (e.g. Front Mission 1st, Triangle Strategy, Octopath 1) and then close the segment with something like FF9 Remake.

Grumblevolcano

CaptD

Couple more VR predictions from me....
Ace combat 8 will be revealed , and is also fully playable in VR. (my gut, which is never wrong, is fairly sure this is going to happen in the next year or two).
Borderlands 3 adapted for VR. I think Borderlands 2 was quite successful as a PSVR1 title and I did hear that Randy Pitchfork tweeted out something about asking peeps whether they wanted psvr2 Borderlands...or something to that effect, unfortunately I didn't see the tweet myself.

CaptD

kamalowe

Just gonna put a guess out on here for fun, in order of what i expect to total copium injection

Spider man 2 showcase/release window
FFXVI demo date/final trailer
Stellar Blade release date
Alan Wake 2 News
Capcom title (not sure if this will be exoprimal or something new, but probably something)
Lost soul aside trailer
The Last of Us Multiplayer announcement
Something very western that I cannot think of (probably 3 things including days gone team's game)
Indie darling that ends up being overrated
Indie darling that is overlooked until 6 months after release and is then heralded as second comming
Meta gear solid remake
Granblue fantasy relink release date/something touting PS exclusivity or it won't be there*
Robocop game news?*
Wolverine trailer
FF7 reunion trailer/acknowledgement that it wont come out till mid 2024
Bloodborne remake/patch
Surprise Castlevania game set in netflix setting*

This still seems too...eastern focused for a big showcase but cant think about what else would/could show up
also this ended up being too long. Would guess 12 titles at most, so asterisking the least likely to happen considering time constraints

Edited on by kamalowe

kamalowe

KilloWertz

I expect to not be disappointed by this, unlike their last State of Play (before the FFXVI one). I know I'm putting in a lot of effort into my prediction, but oh well.

@Grumblevolcano That would be great, as I've always wanted to play Triangle Strategy, but I didn't want to pay $60 and am hardly on my Switch anymore. I'd make a bigger priority for it on the PS5, and obviously an eventual sale would help too.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Kidfried

Be it good or bad, I'll see you on the other side!

Have fun. Everyone who's watching live

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

I forgot this was happening in the end, I can see a few MGS announcements that are really of little interest to me, anything else to be excited about..?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

Not really.

It was kind of the same as most of the showcases I've watched live; a load of stuff from studios you've never heard of that you might not ever hear of again, a load of Devolver games that have amazing potential but high flop risk (please be good Plucky Squire), some anime weirdness, and then a couple of big names you already knew about. Everyone will be moaning that PlayStation is DEAD and the showcase has ruined their life for ever.

So pretty much what you'd expect.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kamalowe

It was more weird than anything else. I get wanting a big showcase for upcoming games, but the stuff here all kept their previously announced release dates if they even showed any. Its really weird for Spider-Man 2 to be coming out within "7 months" and not have a date for it yet. Same with Granblue, same with other vague 2023 release dates which there were several.

kamalowe

Ralizah

The shocking thing is we know there's good stuff coming up.

Where was Stellar Blade? Silent Hill 2? TLOU Factions? That cool looking Ronin game? Are there really no big upcoming first-party titles on the horizon besides what Insomniac is working on? Why didn't we see MGS3 gameplay?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

It was all right but it didn't feel like an event. My favourite stuff were the indie-esque things, such as the story book knights and the cat in the woods. As you can see I'm not very good at remembering names after these showcases.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

MidnightDragonDX

Not the best show Sony has done, but far from the worst. I didn't go in with much expectation outside of Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man 2, so not too disappointed...but hey! New Cat Quest!

MidnightDragonDX

kyleforrester87

Well that’s a bummer!

Not sure what I expected these days though, I don’t know what it’ll take to get my mojo going again with Sony.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

CaptD

Wow how did I manage to get it so wrong, putting faith in Sony I hear you all shout.
Pretty depressing for VR2 players, still RE4 looks the mutts so I guess there is that but there were only two new VR announcements and they are sequels so I don't think this showcase would have done much to shift unit.s

Not sure where all the first party studios were and the less I say about that Haven game the better.
CaptD aka Debbie Downer.
PS. All down to Game Fest, Geoff with bring the goods (press X for doubt).

CaptD

colonelkilgore

Wow what a *****! I obviously don’t know what the marketing bods are trying to establish… but give me a digital equivalent of a Sony E3. It’s not difficult, you have many dev teams… allow these third parties to hook up with Geoff and just show me what the first parties have planned for the next 24-36 months - simples!

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

If there’s one conciliation (albeit scant) @Tasuki might actually see that PlayStation gamers aren’t simply all-in regardless. Rubbish show and no denying!

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Nah Jim is still good, I mean at least he didn't stroll into Bungie HQ the day after the acquisition and say "Marathon...cancel that Xbox version"
I jest of course, he probably tried. 😜

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@kyleforrester87 aye… well I’m sure he’ll spin it it whatever ever way fits his own narrative anyway tbh. breaks the 4th wall Oh well Phil, you ain’t never had a curtain-call like this! (double-negative curse is intended obvs 😉)

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic