Forums

Topic: Showcase 2023 Predictions & Rumours

Posts 1 to 20 of 117

Kidfried

Opinions! Expectations! Predictions! News! Rumours! Anticipations!

I want to hear it all. What do you think is going to be announced next week?

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

New Tomb Raider game. Back to basics, they drop anything to do with Lara's mummy, daddy and any other dull attempt to develop her character. She's out hunting treasure for the same reason we're playing a game where she hunts treasure - the thrill of it. Like she said to Natla in Tomb Raider 1, "I only hunt for sport". I want Dark Souls/Bloodborne style levels, plot delivery and difficulty, with climbing and puzzles.

It'll be an online live service game, though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

CaptD

There is talk on the street of a new From Software game called Spellbound, the name ties into the PlayStation tweet.
(He says clutching a packet of environmentally friendly straws).

CaptD

CaptD

Along with the live service Tomb raider I would like them to announce Rdr2 for ps5, also playable in VR (I'm in it for the VR version in case that wasn't obvious).
And when the money hungry Take Two says "free upgrade" the virtual crowd goes wild and a number of them can be seen to be fainting.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

Would love an Atreus expandalone, Bloodborne: Remastered from Bluepoint, and a Resistance Trilogy: Remastered. Would love all those Konami rumours to end up being true too.

Think we’ll get a decent look at Wolverine and Last of Us: Factions 2 (or whatever it’ll end up being called). Probably Death Stranding 2 too, which I’m pretty psyched for.

A pull from left field… an update on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Remake that it wasn’t simply pulled… but moved to a different (more capable) developer.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

Surely we see something about Factions 2, right? I think the internet will lose its mind if we do.

I’d like to see maybe one or two other reveals of these live service games they have in the oven. Also something about their COD competitor FPS. I don’t think I’ll want to play it, mind, but I’m curious what they have in development.

What I think we’ll get is a lot of VR stuff that I don’t really care much about and some third party games of variable interest.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

Keeping my hype in check…

6 first party PS4/5 announcements

•Spider-Man 2 dated & gameplay
•SSM Atreus stand-alone
•TLOU Factions dated, GAAS aspects explained, gameplay
•Ghost 2 CGI/teaser
•Wolverine gameplay
The Closer SSM Cory Barlog new IP CGI

3rd party
•FF16 final trailer, leading up to a teaser trailer for FF7 Rebirth which is no more than 30sec
•MGS3 Remake
•Silent Hill Remake (PSVR2 mode included)

PSVR2
•Half life Alyx (surely)
•New Astro bot announced
•Insomniac new IP (they still have a full VR team right)

Indie
4 indie games including 1 from GenDesigns

That’s not too much to ask for, right?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

CaptD

@colonelkilgore I would love to see a Resistance trilogy and these old PS3 first person games are ripe for the hybrid VR model. Imagine cowering behind the resistance shield or ducking to avoid the pop up mines. Also. Motorstorm trilogy and KillZone trilogy (killzone 3 was already in 3D I think, as was possibly a motorstorm).
Just a quick bish bash bosh remaster would do as I reckon all of them have probably aged quite well....I seem to remember watching a PC PS3 emulator video where, I think killzone 3 (maybe kz2) was in 4K.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yup, if Sony are looking for VR2 content, remastering those three classic trilogies would be perfect.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

I predict a bunch of amazingly promising looking indies that inevitably get lost in development hell or eventually release to underwhelming reviews. But maybe I'm just a pessimist.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MightyDemon82

The show will start with Juggernaut Jim coming onto the stage showing off his championship belt
like @colonelkilgore 's profile picture before assaulting us with a barrage of awesome new games.

Seriously though I'd love to see some new IP. Excited to be watching anyway!

MightyDemon82

BearsEatBeets

I just hope in this day and age we get a few unexpected, exciting reveals that haven't been leaked.

The Atreus stand-alone in the mold of Lost Legacy/Miles Morales would be great.

I'm hoping the Ada DLC for Resi 4 Remake might be there, maybe even a reveal of the next title in the series.

I personally don't think we will see much of Wolverine bar another trailer, we're only going to get gameplay for Spider-Man 2 now a few months before release.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

CaptD

@sorteddan Codswallop, didn't we all enjoy that indie hit Abandoned. 🤔😂

@BearsEatBeets Jim says "Abandoned, download it right now."

CaptD

BeerIsAwesome

From what I can figure of the first party studios:
Housemarque have released Returnal too recently to show anything bigger than a teaser. Same with Sucker Punch with Ghost Of Tsushima, Santa Monica with Dad Of Teenager, and Guerrilla with Horizon Fred West.

Polyphony, San Diego, Nixxes, Naughty Dog and Insomniac are all known quantities, so don't expect what surprises from them. Malaysia, Fabrik and Valkyrie are support studios, so don't expect to see anything with their name on it.

Which leaves us with Bluepoint, London, Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, Savage, Team Asobi and possibly Media Molecule. And whatever Xdev have cooking outside of the games we already know are coming from them (China Hero Project, India Hero Project, Rise Of The Ronin, Stellar Blade, Death Stranding 2 etc.).

Not to get anyone's hopes up or down, but at most you'll probably see about 50% of what the latter list of studios is working on. I expect more of things that Sony have advertising rights to, like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, that kind of thing.

BeerIsAwesome

Anti-Matter

I'm very sure there will be NO upcoming kids games shown from the showcase.
I only play kids games so I will depend on play-asia for surprising announcement of upcoming kids games or underrated games that matched with my interest.

Anti-Matter

sorteddan

@Anti-Matter
Oh. Do you only play kids games? Perhaps you should mention it from time to time.
Well that certainly is something.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Anti-Matter

@sorteddan
Yes.
I only play kids games so I will not watch the showcase since I believe the showcase only reveal rated M games and I hate them all so I really depend on surprising announcement from play-asia for the upcoming kids games / underrated games. Those are the only games I want to play.

Anti-Matter

sorteddan

@Anti-Matter
Well thank you for clarifying that. I hope the play-asia showcase has plenty for you to get excited about. Though maybe you should try not to hate things that bring enjoyment to others, hate is quite a strong negative emotion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic