Forums

Topic: Is Sony having much bad news or are just people trying to make PS5 seem like a bad console?

Posts 201 to 220 of 479

Godabove09

I think it's unfortunate we will see the ps5 hamstrung by the need to provide ps4 with the same game.

It's going to be a while before we can see the AAA big hitters focus solely on ps5.

Maybe, it'll be left to the newer or less well known I.Ps to show us what it can do.

Godabove09

Voltan

@Godabove09 Honestly it sounds like Horizon, GT and God Of War may be the last big PS4 games from Sony. Maybe also the multiplayer games they have in the works, as those can always benefit from a bigger audience.
To be fair though, that does mean at least half of next year still.
I'm also interested to see when 3rd party decides to move on. All the big established IPs are still cross-gen a year later.

Voltan

Ralizah

@Godabove09 Considering Horizon and GoW were intended to release on PS4 from the start, it'd be more accurate to say they're PS4 games being held back by the need to launch simultaneously with next-gen versions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Godabove09

@Ralizah I don't really think you can say the ps5 is holding them back as it makes no difference.

The games can still release on ps4 and will be the best they can be.

How exactly does the ps5 hold those versions back?

For me, the point is we get a gimped ps5 version - and paying full AAA retail (digital only for me too) for a subpar experience is not why I bought a ps5.

Edited on by Godabove09

Godabove09

Godabove09

@Voltan I think that's probably fair, though I'm sure we'll continue to see the big E.A Sports titles, CoD, Battlefield etc...for a few years yet on ps4.

How much this affects ps5, if at all, will remain to be seen.

Edited on by Godabove09

Godabove09

Voltan

@Godabove09 I think Ralizah just means they could’ve been released earlier if they were PS4 only.

Voltan

Ralizah

@Voltan @Godabove09 Correct. It takes time to put the effort into improving the lighting, DualSense haptics, and other aspects of the game to take advantage of the PS5 hardware. Horizon might have even been able to release this year if we weren't waiting on the next-gen version.

Many PS5 owners seem to have this weird, elitist mentality that cross-gen games are being "held back" somehow, when, in reality, games that would have to be held back in any significant way to run on older hardware would have just been designed as next-gen exclusives to begin with. In this case, it's a non-issue, because the games were always intended to be experienced on PS4 to begin with.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, something like Horizon was clearly in development for a while. I guess games like Gran Turismo 7 and the next God of War were kinda assumed to be next-gen though since it’s been longer than it feels since the devkits went out.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Yeah I don't really understand that kind of mentality, I just wanna play good games and it makes no difference to me what platform it is being developed for.

People wanted backward compatibility and this is probably the price we have to pay for it, along the pandemic and consoles still being quite hard to get for 'normal' consumer. The more people that get to play these games the better imo.

And it's not like there have been no PS5 exclusives, there are been plenty for how young the console is. Maybe some people are just not used to it as a different tatic for Sony with their first party games when a new gen arrives.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

I honestly see the PS5’s first year as being as good as any console’s first year ever. All the while, Sony added some great dev teams to the stable too. Reality vs perception is always an interesting dynamic.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

NedStarksGhost

@colonelkilgore I completely agree. Had some great fun on Spider-Man Remaster and Miles Morales, Sackboy, Rift Part and Returnal. Still have Demon's Souls to play as well.

I know the Spider-Man and Sackboy are available on PS4 but the improvements on the PS5, graphically and controller wise, make them feel unique I think.

Personally think it's been an excellent launch.

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Voltan

@colonelkilgore @NedStarksGhost Totally with you guys on the 1st year being pretty amazing. Haven’t had this much fun with PlayStation games since… well… last year, actually

Voltan

Ralizah

First year on PS5 is pretty decent. About a million times better than what was available on PS4 at the time.

@JohnnyShoulder I think Sony made things cross-gen where it made sense and next-gen exclusive where it was necessary. GoW R and HFW were pretty much very late-development PS4 projects, so it made no sense to scrap everything and remake them as PS5 only games. Ditto with the Miles Morales DLC. Meanwhile, something like Ratchet and Clank was exclusive because making that cross-gen really would have held back the design of the game.

Although I don't think any major releases going forward after this upcoming crop will be cross-gen. They'll have been developed recently enough that focus will have shifted fully to the PS5. And considering how strong PS5 software sales are, I expect that trend to continue.

Edited on by Ralizah

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore @NedStarksGhost @Voltan You guys are just Ponies! It's all just been Remasters and Director's Cuts!, Sony is greedy and $70 games are BS!, Aloy's face is fat! (people are still talking about that somehow), and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and the PS5's SSD is all just lies! SHEEEEEEEP!

Obviously joking.... lol

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@Iver Yeah, if 2022 doesn't stop people from complaining, then they need to sell their PS5's and either build a PC or get a Series X. Well, some will always complain because that's what people do now, but still, 2022 should be a great year.

"Horizon Forbidden West is cross-gen! If this was a PS5 exclusive, it would be so much better! Aloy's face is still fat!" "God of War: Ragnarok is cross-gen! This just looks like a PS4 game! My whole childhood is ruined. Sony sucks!" Oh, crap....

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@Iver It looks like it’s a direct sequel or something! Unacceptable! Lazy devs etc

Voltan

Sorry, this topic has been locked.