Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,096 of 2,096

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @R1spam I'm not even intending to go for the platinum! 😂

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Thrillho The thing is, I could probably do another 100 hours quite happily...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 That's me! It's getting to stage when I will need to start going to weekly Elden Ring Anonymous meetings soon.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Throb

I just got to Malenia. After the third attempt I killed her, i was so relieved but then she grew bloody wings and one shotted me...

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

munkholt

LN78 wrote:

Future Press are publishing a pair of beautiful official hardback strategy/lore guides for the game later in the year. They look absolutely great but they sure ain't cheap!

I ordered both at a reasonable price at Bookdepository. My first gaming guides, too – I am seriously obsessed with this game, ngl. (200+ hrs playthrough, dark moon-ending)

munkholt

munkholt

Throb wrote:

I just got to Malenia. After the third attempt I killed her, i was so relieved but then she grew bloody wings and one shotted me...

The tip that helped me was, roll toward/under as she winds up that AoE plague burst. go-go-go!

munkholt

Throb

Malenia - RIP! Holy moly, I had to summon help in the end, there was no way I could do that on my own...

Also, if I finish Elden Ring and go back to previous FS games like Demon's Souls, will i get on with it better? I found Elden Ring really accessible

R1spam

@Throb I was in the same boat for malenia. With mimic tear, I could reliably get to the second phase but too much for me solo. I love bloodborne, it's nowhere near as hard as people make out, particularly second half. I wonder if there will be a remake one day though. To be honest half way through elden ring, I sold my copy of demon souls remake. For me, so much of these games is how they mechanically feel rather than the underlying story etc. I can't see me going back. If it was the exploration you've been digging in elden ring, maybe keep an eye out for tunic when it comes to ps5?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Throb

That's it, I actually bloody finished it!!! I took my time, searched everywhere, about 250 hours in the end. The first FS game I have finished but also really, really enjoyed. I nearly got all the trophies, just two outstanding trophies in the end, two different endings. Now i'm debating to quit the game or do NG+?

CJD87

@Throb Massive congratulations! I think most of us (including myself) who achieved all trophies utilised the 'save scumming' function to get all 3 endings.

For me personally, 1 'thorough' playthrough was more than enough... hence scumming all 3 endings.

I have heard though that you can plough through NG+ fairly rapidly... assuming you skip a lot of the content.

It is the only FS game I've got the platinum on, loved every second of my 80-90 hours with it!

CJD87

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Sorry to hear it didn’t quite live up to expectations for you. I know you were pretty hyped for it. Was there a specific reason you didn’t really get into it? Was it the open world design? Was the difficulty an issue? Many people have said it actually is quite a bit more approachable on account of the open world.

Since you prefer Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3, do you think you’ll try Demon's Souls at some point?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution I think I prefer a more stream-lined experience. I don't have a PS5 so Demon's Souls is off-limits. At the moment I'm currently focusing on jazz guitar until God of War: Ragnarok, the only game I'm currently interested in playing comes out, then I'll divide my attention between the two things, until I complete it, if I can complete it. Also interested in Hogwarts Legacy, but less so. Make sure you let me know how you get on with Dark Souls 3, once you get around to it.

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

"Ten thousand toadstools, with the right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yes, I definitely will loop you in on any experience with DS3 or any FromSoft game I play. I’ll get to Elden Ring too at some point, but it might be longer. Although I don’t always know which way the wind will carry me. I’m looking forward to Ragnarok too, and the closer it gets the more hype I feel!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic