Forums

Topic: ce-108255-1 Error

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Chimhog

Hi Guys

I am actually one of the lucky ones as I don't (thankfully) currently suffer with this error but my brother has been plagued with it since launch.

So my bro literally cannot load up, so far:

1) Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
2) Astro's Playroom

As soon as he launches either of these titles... BOOM... crash with ce-108255-1 error and back to dashboard. Demons' Souls works fine as does NBA 2K21.

Sony do not seem to want to provide any information on this error publicly and my brothers conversations with tech support have resulted in a reluctant "We think it is a software bug and we are working on it". All tips they have provided do not solve the issue.

Has anyone else been able to get more info out of Sony? I think it is awful that people like my brother are left with systems that are, effectively, defective.

Any information greatly welcomed.

Chim

Chimhog

TheRedComet

The fact that they are being so tight lipped about this has me worried that these install, update, and crashing errors may be hardware related, specifically the SSD.

I haven’t had your brother’s issue but I’ve gotten “ce-107938-8” on several occasions, most recently with the new Fortnite patch. I’m reinstalling the game now but this is an absolute headache on my network, which isn’t the fastest in the world at all since I’m on LTE. I tried rebuilding the database twice and restoring licenses, neither worked. When the next patch drops if it does this again I’m going to factory reset, which I’ve already done three times. Did that the day I got it because I couldn’t get Spider-Man to install from disc while connected to the PSN.

My best friend’s PS5 has been completely bulletproof. Not a single software error code and we got ours on the same day. He’s even using rest mode. I’m too terrified to use it considering the other issues I’ve had. And that’s ridiculous. My console is working, but it’s basically gimped since I can’t use rest mode. And considering my network, I really need rest mode so I can leave it downloading updates during the day. As of now, I’m leaving it powered on overnight. And I shouldn’t have to do that. I don’t like to leave it on longer than six or seven hours at most. So when I wake up in the morning I always turn it off, regardless if the update is downloaded or not.

That’s the main reason I’m starting to suspect this goes deeper than software. If it was a software issue with the OS, one would think that it would be effecting everyone regularly. But some people, like me and your brother, are getting error codes out the wazoo and others, like you and my best friend, are having flawless experiences.

I haven’t seen any real concrete theories yet so I’m reserving judgement. But if this is hardware related, Sony needs to come out and announce it. They should clearly explain what the problem is, why it happened, and how future consoles will be fixed to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Then they need to start allocating replacement consoles so that we can get replacement consoles in a timely fashion. That’s really the only reason I haven’t contacted Sony and started the warranty process. Considering how strained the supply is, I’m worried that I wouldn’t get a new console until March or April. So I’m waiting this out until Sony gives us more info.

For all the flack Microsoft rightfully got over the RROD, when they confirmed the issue they did the right thing. They got us new consoles fast with a one week turnaround. They extended our warranties by three years. And I went through four of them in three years. But I can’t complain too much because like I said, I was only out of a console for a week at a most.

TheRedComet

R1spam

@Chimhog @TheRedComet Ive been getting a fair few of these error codes now, never for any ps4 games but have had for astrobot and now spiderman remastered. Have followed the sony software support and reset to factory with software update from USB drive in safe mode and am redownloading games at the minute. Will post if this helps or not. If either of you found another fix, would you let me know?

R1spam

R1spam

No joy, both spiderman and astrobot have crashed since the factory reset. Spent 2 hrs in queue to sony support without answer

R1spam

Chimhog

This is a nightmare. I have tagged in news sites such as PushSquare, IGN and Eurogamer and none of them seem to want to investigate/do a story on it.

Chimhog

Total_Weirdo

I have played Astro to completion without any issues. I got one error while playing Spiderman Miles but that was it during my whole play through of the game.

Total_Weirdo

PSN: Total_Weirdo

R1spam

I have logged this with Sony and am waiting for additional troubleshooting steps. I'm not hopeful and have already been on the phone to my retailer about returning. Bit gutted really 😕 will post any additional troubleshooting steps they send

R1spam

Chimhog

@R1spam Thanks buddy, really appreciate it.

Chimhog

Chimhog

@Total_Weirdo Nope nothing. He called Sony again yesterday and they have 'escalated it' - whatever that means...

Chimhog

R1spam

Quick update, I had a call with Sony yesterday, call handler was pretty definitive that this issue is software not hardware. I've got a call to make later this week about whether I push sony for a refund code for my retailer. They did not have any additional troubleshooting steps as discussed on first call.
Tried astrobot again with the WiFi off, got a completely seperate error code and when searching web for it, came across link below. Interesting as guy has had two ps5s, both have been fubar. That's too much coincidence, no way anyones that unlucky. Call handler talked through graphical options and suggested some additional troubleshooting. Maybe some component of this is screen compatibility. I'm on an LG b9. Only option I've tried is to change one of the screen settings to -1 and set screen resolution to highest on your system, played about 15 mins of astrobot following this change with the WiFi off and had no issues. Need to test more but thought I'd throw this out there for others to see if it helps them! To be honest, I should be getting this from my call handler calls, not from a youtube clip of someone else's. Let me know if you have any luck with this

R1spam

R1spam

I've given up and sent mine back to the retailer. Sony have made an awesome system, I've just got one that doesn't work as well as it should. Bit gutted really but will join the hunt for another ps5. They are a bit like gold dust in UK though so no chance before Christmas and unlikely before January. I hope other people manage to get a fix for their issues soon 🤞

R1spam

Chimhog

As an update. My brother had to send his to Sony and they sent him back in new one - took 3 weeks.

Chimhog

R1spam

I've just got my hands on a new ps5 and so far, no ce-108255-1 errors! Played a couple of hours of astro, jumping between all the places that caused crashes before without issues this time. Played some spiderman remastered on fidelity mode without issues. Ps5 software and games are same versions as last unit and TV/controller same firmware. Only difference is hardware. Will post an update after a week to confirm no issues but if your seeing this error with multiple games with a new unit, I would be looking for a replacement/refund.

R1spam

R1spam

OK, have had my new system for a bit and touch wood, its been bulletproof! If you are seeing this error with multiple ps5 games, particularly in quality mode with Ray tracing on, you should be pushing for repair/replacement. Have no idea what causes this error in ps5 games but my bets are on Ray tracing and fault with gpu. I'm not saying this is rrod xbox360 level but sony shouldn't be telling people to wait for software patches

Edited on by R1spam

R1spam

• Pages:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic