Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 4,206

XandertheWise

i could if i wanted to but its not that big of a deal even though a waste o 40 bucks for the wrong version.

Thats why I dont like it when the new games are still in the locked glass cabinets then you have to go hunt down some worker thats sort of working at the electronis counter in the electronics aisle area.

guess Ill have to buy the game again but buy it off of the Walmart website and get the Playstation 4 version of Turtles Cowabunger

RogerRoger wrote:

@XandertheWise Yikes, that's one heck of a blunder. Can you go back and get it straightened out?

XandertheWise

Tasuki

@XandertheWise You should be able to return it to Walmart as long as you haven't opened it. If you did open it the game already you can just take it to Gamestop and trade it in. You won't get the full amount back but some is better then nothing..

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

XandertheWise

no.

Ill just stick with buying the right copy the Playstation 4 version of the Turtles game from walmart onlilne.

i cant stand some of the workers that are wandering off when theyre suppose to be useful in the electronics aisle especially at the checkout counter in the electronics aisle.

There are times where I wish the new games werent in the glass cabinets.

XandertheWise

Tasuki

@XandertheWise Simple solution, don't shop at Walmart. They are so ridiculous with locking things up. One time I literally waited 30 minutes for an employee to unlock a glass case for deodorant. They never came so I ended up walking out and going somewhere else. If it's in a locked case at Walmart I won't buy it from them.

My Backlog

XandertheWise

Well I dont mean to be rude to anyone here that happens to work in the electronics area at Walmart or not but let me ask you something.

Do you people working at Walmart in the games and electronics area have to act like youre stupid and clueless to not know the difference between Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 games?

the Nintendo Switch games cabinet at the Walmart store i dont have problemes with when getting a new game out since theyre Nintendo Switch games, but come on you Walmart workers. Use your damn brain next time when you unlock the damn Playstation game cabinet. Its not that damn hard to tell the difference between a game thats for the Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.

Next time give me the damn keys so Ill unlock the game cabinet myself and Ill get the right version of the game out of the frikkin Playstation glass game cabinet.

Jeez louise

XandertheWise

Tasuki

@XandertheWise You know it's the person who makes the purchase responsibility too to make sure they are getting the right product before handing over their money. What kind of idiot doesn't make sure that what their paying for isn't what they want and on top of that doesn't check it till they get home??
Obviously it must be hard to tell PS4 games and PS5 games apart if they couldn't tell till they got home.

I mean it's just as much as their responsibility because it's their money.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

XandertheWise

well its mostly the worker's responsibility and for them to use their damn brain to know the difference between Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 game cases.

Like I said, give me the damn key to open the damn cabinet so I can get the game out myself.

But whatever

XandertheWise

Tasuki

@XandertheWise But if it's your purchase wouldn't you want to make sure it's what you wanted before you hand over your money??

I mean maybe the employee doesn't know the difference between a PS4 and a PS5 game. They might not be a gamer. I mean look how many people got mixed up with the Wii U name a few years ago. It's an honest mistake. Only you the consumer knows for 100% what you want to get and you should have made sure you got what you asked for before you left the store instead of insulting the worker for a simple mistake.

My Backlog

sorteddan

@XandertheWise
Regardless of blame you should definitely return it to the store, explain the mistake and get a replacement. I can't understand why you wouldn't do that.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@HallowMoonshadow I briefly tried the English dub with Judgment and gave up quickly as it had the normal problems I have with JRPG voice acting with everything being so Americanised and melodramatic. It also feels wrong to me having played the seven main games with the Japanese voice acting.

I didn’t know about that for Ichiban’s VA though!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@XandertheWise I'm a Brit, so we don't have Walmart over here, and yet I've still managed to hear a large amount of nightmarish tales from their electronics departments. They sound horrid from a customer experience point of view. Best of luck getting your game swapped or replaced.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

XandertheWise

I said Im going to buy the Playstation 4 version of the Turtles Cowabunga from Walmart onine even though shipping is involved

stupid workers at the Walmart store they need to know the difference between a Playstation 4 game and a Playstation 5 game. Plain and simple. Period.

RogerRoger wrote:

@XandertheWise I'm a Brit, so we don't have Walmart over here, and yet I've still managed to hear a large amount of nightmarish tales from their electronics departments. They sound horrid from a customer experience point of view. Best of luck getting your game swapped or replaced.

XandertheWise

nomither6

@XandertheWise When i worked at walmart several years ago , it was guys/girls my age that worked in electronics ; you probably had some older uninformed employees working over there that know nothing about games .

the same walmart i worked at - i went back one day during the beginning of the covid era to get a ps4 controller , and this old lady gave me a torn box and the controller inside was ***** up and used . it was no young or tech savvy people working the area .

nomither6

nessisonett

@Tasuki Don’t tell them the truth, they’d rather slate underpaid workers!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

Just had a real successful trip to my local cex. Picked up steelbooks for Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5), Final Fantasy XV, Arkham Knight and Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Then picked up Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Remember Me all on PS3... and bargain of the day Gravity Rush: Remastered. Been keeping an eye out for a deal on that last one for around 2 years and it's always been around £75-£100... just had it for £30.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I didn’t realize that GR Remastered was so rare, but sure enough - I searched my local stores and no one has a copy. Nice get!

The economy of physical video games is really perplexing. I guess it’s all about supply and demand in the end, but sometimes the pricing gets remarkably labile.

After our discussion about Dark Souls 1, I started to look for a copy and although I can find used copies out there for $25-30, there’s no new copies anywhere. The game store cites the price for a new copy at $16, it’s just they don’t have any stock, and I assume they aren’t printing anymore discs (?). A big title like that would seem to continue to be available, but I think the growth and shift toward digital gaming, coupled with the effin’ pandemic, has truncated print runs and minimized the copies of discs being made. It seems like a few years ago I could still go to a GameStop and the shelves would be flush with new copies, including older games still being made with “Greatest Hits” versions for cheap. Now the shelves are only games released within the last 6-12 months, and pre-owned. So it’s a crap shoot of what the inventory will be.

I don’t like it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I’m with you dude, I don’t like it either. I’ve seen the change first hand and started picking up ‘most’ releases within the first 6 months these days to avoid difficulties in finding a copy later. And to support your reasoning, yeah Gravity Rush Remastered went out of print a few years back and that does tend to inflate the second hand price thereafter.

Not sure if you already own Dark Souls 3 but if not, it might be worth you checking for a copy of the Dark Souls Trilogy, it’s a bit more pricey (£27.99 on Amazon.co.uk) but is brand new and obviously includes all three games.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore That’s a great idea, although I do already have DS3. I think I found a copy of DS1 for $14, so I might pull the trigger.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic