Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,961 to 5,980 of 6,460

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah Rondo… was much more difficult than Symphony… for sure, even though nowhere near it’s scale. Was a great little ‘tough-as-all-balls’ surprise though!

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Just beat the reaper (Blue Oyster Cult vibes, there) and triggered that beautiful ham sliced thick cutscene. The trick was to whip the scythes instead of ducking and dodging them. Thanks for tips, amigo.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 Dont Fear the Reaper indeed 😁. Well done mate! I did find with quite a few of the RoB bosses that they can seem almost unbeatable for a while… but once you work out a plan, you can beat them pretty much at will. Enjoy the rest of the game buddy… and a second playthrough is definitely worth it too. You get a second playable character, a different route and a fair few new bosses to bash!

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore I've found a couple of hidden routes and two or three 1UP's just by using the tried and true "Castlevania" techniques of whipping everything in sight and by dropping down the odd "bottomless" chasm just to see what happens! It's a great game - I really don't want to go back to my "RE7" playthrough until I've clocked it. Did you get the platinum or is that a silly question?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 I’ve saved an easy bronze (eating a peanut in SotN) as I’m on #99 & I’ve long planned for God of War: Ragnarok to be my 100th.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Great stuff - "Ragnarok" is going to be a treat. I've been on PSN since before they even implemented the trophy system and I think I might have 5 or 6 platinums total. 🤣.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 to be honest mate, I used to scoff at the whole trophy thing… saw absolutely no point in it whatsoever. Then a few guys in work who were also friends on PSN started coming up to me in the office to chat about my latest gaming exploits. They’d noticed whatever trophies that I’d been unwittingly popping turning up on their feeds and such.

Then one morning one of the guys was like “you must be most of the way towards the Bloodborne plat now like, what with all those trophies you’ve been popping…” and I honestly had no idea whether I was or wasn’t but… I was curious and checked as soon as I got home. From there it’s been a downhill journey to a platinum-coated obsession I’m afraid 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore A few Telltale games, "Spider-Man" and "Horizon Zero Dawn" are my claims to platinum "glory". Any sorts of notifications going off whilst I'm playing games ruin my immersion so I disable them all during my initial console setup.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 game the way you enjoy it most buddy… chasing plats has definitely added to my enjoyment but it ain’t for everyone. Enjoy the rest of Rondo…, such an under appreciated gem.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@LN78 Same here, as I got a PS3 probably at least a year before they started trophies. I played Metal Gear Solid 4 before it got a trophy patch. I may go back and play it again someday, but if I had never bought several of those "games" earlier this year that were easy platinums for a brief period, I would only have 3 platinums (Terminator Salvation, Spider-Man Remastered, and Life is Strange: True Colors). I kind of regret buying that shovelware just for platinums (never again). If I had never done that, you would have had somebody beat at least.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Sable

Drive Club.

Cracking racer. Such a shame Sony/Evolution abandoned it.

Sable

Sable

@JudgeDredd

Yeah it's a looker. It's also home to a very well balanced challenge throughout.

Sable

Sable

Had a spectacular crash on Drive Club. Clipped a corner at some serious speed. Spun twice, taking out other cars in the process. Was a complete mess. Annoying because I had to restart the race, but it was rather spectacular. 😂

Sable

Sable

Will begin Vampyre tonight.

Sable

KilloWertz

Mass Effect 3

It's been a bit of a struggle lately with gaming, where I would start a game and then not like it like I was expecting to and then move on to something else. Unless I was playing a sure thing like The Last of Us Part 1.

I probably should be taking a break, but I don't really want to, so I've moved on to another sure thing in Mass Effect 3 to try to get back on track. I'm not sure why it took me over a year to play this after finishing Mass Effect 2, but oh well, better late than never I guess. This is the only one of the trilogy that I had never finished back when they originally came out. The end of my Renegade FemShep run has begun.

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz I have no words, other than "brace yourself" and the obligatory "hope you enjoy"...!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger If you are talking about the ending, I already have a pretty good idea of how it ends. I at least know the fate of Shepard. We'll see how I feel about it in the context of the story, but at the very least I know this will get me back on track as it's a Mass Effect game. It's one of my favorite trilogies of all time on the strength of the first two alone. I'm already loving Mass Effect 3 about 5 or 6 hours in as expected, so it's at least accomplishing what it needed to do even if it may not stick the landing. Thanks though, Robin.

Edited on by KilloWertz

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz It was more regarding the whole freakin' rollercoaster, to be honest. I like the ending in terms of the last half-hour before the credits roll, but I'm also one of those "the whole game is the ending" advocates, and hope you feel the same way, because you've got some real special moments to come. I'm glad it's made a good first impression, at least, and that it's managed to grab your attention!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Makes sense, and I'm glad you enjoyed it unlike a decent amount of people did (the ending at least). I suppose I usually separate the ending and the actual game, but there's nothing wrong with judging it all together. I still love plenty of games even if I don't love the ending (Resident Evil 2 Remake's ending for Claire I thought was pretty weak, but the game was still really good).

Hopefully in the end I agree with you in the end obviously. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

colonelkilgore

Made a start on Pyre this evening… and it seems really cool. I loved Transistor and thought that Bastion was pretty good too… I’m thinking that Pyre will end up being closer to the former in terms of quality.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic