Forums

Topic: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Posts 81 to 100 of 100

ztpayne7

I loved this one! All throughout I was really hoping that this one wouldn't have a supernatural element and that they would find the treasure. I really liked the way they ended it - I was worried that it was going to end up differently throughout, which added some tense moments.

I also liked that they finally resolved the freakin plot thread from Uncharted 3 - "Nathan Drake - but we both know that's not your real name, right?" That one lady said that, he looked worried, and they never mentioned it again.

ztpayne7

Elodin

About to buy, do I need to have played uncharted 3, to understand everything? That is the only one I didn't get too.

Elodin

FullbringIchigo

@Elodin: nope not really

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Elodin: Not really but it does have a few 'links' to U3 in U4 and the game does tend to follow on.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

kyleforrester87

Just finished it, not a bad send off Can't see me playing it through again unfortunately so will likely trade it toward R&C. But good game - look forward to what ND do next!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Elodin

@BAMozzy: thank you, maybe I'll pick up the collection. I'll have to check the price now

Elodin

Octane

What are the chances of a TLOU2 hint being included in the game? There's a certain record player near the very end that plays music very reminiscent of TLOU.

Also, I finished the game! What a blast, I absolutely enjoyed every single bit of it.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane: I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 'easter eggs' towards Naughty Dogs next game - whether that turns out to be TLOU2 (although I still think that should be a one off game) or something different, I suspect these wont be obvious until that releases. There is some Last of Us references anyway...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Octane

@BAMozzy: I too think that game is better off as a single experience, but it was a successful game and there have been some ''rumours'', so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true in the end.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane: I am sure they could do 'something' in the universe but I really don't think they should make a Last of Us 2... I would prefer a new IP but wouldn't mind if it had some things in common with Last of Us. I would like a horror survival from them with a good 'story' and characters but I really couldn't gel with TLOU Joel and Ellie as well as the supporting cast - I couldn't care less if they were killed as they didn't really add anything - not like Sully or Elena. It was a game I struggled to finish because it didn't really grab me and I thought the ending was predictable.

get2sammyb

Octane wrote:

What are the chances of a TLOU2 hint being included in the game? There's a certain record player near the very end that plays music very reminiscent of TLOU.

Also, I finished the game! What a blast, I absolutely enjoyed every single bit of it.

Are you referring to the very end with Cassie? I actually think that whole sequence with The Last of Us-esque music and Cassie being alone was very intentionally done. I think they wanted to make you think the Uncharted and TLoU universes were the same for a brief second. I really liked that - it toyed with the Naughty Dog fanbase in a very clever way.

As for The Last of Us 2, I don't want Joel to be in it. They've explored a paternal relationship, so now I want to see how they explore a romantic relationship. I think focusing on Ellie and her partner as protagonists would be incredibly bold in an industry that's crying out for that kind of thing. And I think it's the kind of challenge Naughty Dog would excel at.

Octane

@get2sammyb: I'm still undecided on the epilogue. I can see what they were trying to accomplish, but I'm not sure it worked for me.

As for TLOU2, it's bound to happen at some point I think. Not sure if I want it, some games don't really need a sequel and are better off on their own. I think TLOU is one of those games. I think I agree with @BAMozzy, but for different reasons. I'd love to see something similar, but unrelated to TLOU, more focussed on the horror survival aspects.

Octane

banacheck

I think Naughty Dog played it very safe with the ending of Uncharted 4, leaving it open so they could return to Uncharted. But I do love everything about Uncharted 4, this was meant to be the ending of Uncharted. Not just Drakes story because Uncharted is Nathan Drake, it would be like making a Ratchet & Clank game without Ratchet & Clank.

banacheck

Gamer83

@banacheck:
A company can definitely make an Uncharted game without Drake. If it would be as interesting is the question. I think the ending was fine the way it is. Yeah, it leaves a slight opening to return but it would have to be handled very carefully. Drake's story is done.

Gamer83

Rudy_Manchego

Finally finished UC4 and I can say I really enjoyed it. Having recently played the UC collection, I think it was a good idea to end the series at 4 just because it was in danger of becoming stale though the new gameplay mechanics worked well.

As for the ending, I liked it. Agreed it was a 'safe' ending but it rounded out each character well and I enjoyed the epilogue. I agree with the 10/10 rating from PushSquare. The gameplay may not be entirely original but this was like a major film production. The madagascar sequence was possibly my favourite setpiece from any game in recent memory.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Peterdavid123

The game is phenomenal. For me it's def the best Uncharted game to date. Uncharted never strike me as a must-buy game for me. But this game changed my perspective completely.
I would rate it a strong 9+/9.5 out of 10.
The only reason i don't want to rate it perfect 10/10 because the ending is great, but i want it to be darker, it's just my thing. Oh and the multiplayer is good, but that kinda it. However, it's getting better with more free contents to come, that's a good thing .

PlayStation4Life

Mega-Gazz

The price of uncharted 4 seems to have just dropped (permanently) on the PlayStation store, at least in Canada. It was 79.99$ last week, is 49.99$ now.

Mega-Gazz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.