Forums

Topic: This Gen's Best Character Bracket

Posts 521 to 540 of 664

LieutenantFatman

@Col_McCafferty @JohnnyShoulder

Hey, sorry if I came across that way. My comments were purely intended as conversational but unfortunately body language, inflection, etc are lost when chatting by text. As you say, it's just a bit of fun, sorry if I caused offence.

LieutenantFatman

Col_McCafferty

@LieutenantFatman Hey it's no problem mate, maybe I shouldn't have voted for a character in a game I haven't played (and most of the time I don't) but I did and that's that.

This current round I haven't played most of the games listed so only voted for the one character I have and thankfully he's a good un, although some on here may not agree.

πŸ˜‰

Col_McCafferty

BearsEatBeets

@Col_McCafferty @JohnnyShoulder

It's probably more directed at me @LieutenantFatman as I brought up the voting for someone just because they recognised them. Likewise I'm not offended by it but I suppose I do feel it cheapens the work being put in by Kidfried if we just throw around votes for the sake of it. I was trying to say maybe abstaining would be a better way but others can clearly feel differently. Never meant for it come across taking it too seriously, merely my thoughts on the topic. Hopefully we're all good as I have no animosity over it. I'm just really interested to see how turns out.

Although I will clearly have to bite my tongue if Fall Guy wins

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman @BearsEatBeets I wasn't offended by anything you guys said and my comments weren't directed at anyone really. Everyone has different criteria that they use, if any, and there is no wrong or right way to choose your favourite character. If I have not played a game or had no experience of the characters in the rounds, I've not voted. I get it, it's disappointing when a favourite gets knocked out, but... its a vote on video game characters on a forum and shouldn't be taken too seriously imo.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Actually, having done my civic duty and voted in the actual election recently, I’d venture to say that the tragedy of the situation is that most people likely put less thought into an actual election than they do into this bit of forum fun. πŸ˜… I’d guess that the average citizen is just voting on name recognition for 90% of the offices on the ballot and know nothing about their political stance or record.

Anyhoo...

Fetch
Chloe
Trilla

(Played and really liked all 3 of these characters. Fetch was my nomination actually)

Edited on by Th3solution

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@BearsEatBeets Don't wory about my "hard work". It's not a lot of work, and the communitys response so far has exceeded my expectations anyway.

Also have been asking myself what makes a great character anyway. Does it means it has to have the most interesting personality, or is a character like Lofty, whimsical, but just has great design, enough to warrant a title like "best character".

All these characters serve such different goals too in their respective games.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, good point β€” I think a big part of being a great character is the character design and art. You don’t necessarily have to play the game to appreciate the design.

Edited on by Th3solution

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@Kidfried yeah it's definitely interesting the different views as to what defines a good 'character'. I've not been shy in remarking that Fall Guy is devoid of it in my view but clearly many feel otherwise and I can understand the charm of it. My interpretation certainly has no more merit than anyone else's.

BearsEatBeets

Kidfried

@JapaneseSonic As if you know what was up. Just five minutes before I wanted to post the result, you put in another vote and I had to make a new graphic. And to make matters even worse, you vote on exactly the same characters that have won this round.

Only kidding, I love that you still voted of course.

RESULTS ROUND 2-6

Thanks for voting everyone. I tallied up the scores for you all, let's see...

Untitled

This was the weirdest round so far. We had 17 different people voting, but even so Lofty managed to win this one with only 3 votes. Sean could have so easily won this one, but the Life is Strange fans were asleep at the wheel.

Fetch, Lofty, Chloe Price. and Deacon St. John proceed to the next round. The rest is out!

Phase 3 is incoming... only 30 characters remain!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Just a heads up, think you've mistakenly put the graphic for the last rounds results!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried No probs, thanks for doing all of this!

Kidfried

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends...

PHASE 3

This is the firstround in phase 3 of our contest. And I'm going to implement a small 'gameplay change'. Aside from that, everything stays the same. I'm calling it the tiebreaker. I don't like how some battles have been decided by the luck of the draw so far. So, I'm implementing a small optional feature.

Whenever you vote you can give one vote an extra nudge, by adding an '+' after that character's name. If a round ends in a tie, I will count the amount of tiebreakers both characters got to decide the outcome.

ROUND 3 - 1

Voting is easy, just give me the names of the characters you want to vote on. You don't have to vote on every battle.

Also, you can add a '+' after any character's name if you want to give it a slight advantage in case of a tie.

Battle 1: Sam Porter Bridges (Death Stranding) vs. Quiet (Metal Gear Solid)
Untitled

Battle 2: Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption) vs. Pagan Min (Far Cry)
Untitled

Battle 3: Connor (Detroit) vs. Bloody Baron (The Witcher)
Untitled

Battle 4:
Aloy (Horizon) vs. Kara (Detroit)
Untitled

TAGGING
Every round I will tag all current participants. Do you dislike getting tagged? Or do you want me to add you to the tagged names? Just let me know, and I won't or will bother you next time.

@kyleforrester87 @JapaneseSonic @nessisonett @Gremio108 @Rudy_Manchego @NYJetsfan123 @Shigurui @Arugula @JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger @LN87 @BearsEatBeets @themcnoisy @Th3solution @Trisque @AdamNovice @mookysam @ApostateMage @Octane @crimsontadpoles @LieutenantFatman @Kefka2589 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Draco_V_Ecliptic @Tjuz @Thrillho @Trisque @Col_McCafferty @AndyKazama @Cloud_strife56 @Sam-Bridges

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

XOF

1. Sam Porter Bridges (lol)
2. Arthur Morgan
3. Connor
4. Aloy

+Aloy is one of the loveliest characters this gen, so excited to go on another journey with her in Forbidden West!

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

BearsEatBeets

Big battles from here on out it seems.

Sam Porter Bridges
Arthur Morgan
Bloody Baron sorry Connor
Aloy +

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

mookysam

Sam Porter Bridges
Arthur Morgan
Connor
Kara

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.