Forums

Topic: The PS4 Screenshot of the Year Competition (2020)

Posts 61 to 80 of 238

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I just wanted to say thanks again for submitting my screen caps for me! Much appreciated and I hope I don't give you and the judges too much of a headache trying to decipher the madness but I hope I also give you all a good laugh!

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Not at all, it was my pleasure! Thanks for taking part!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I submitted my entries for the competition. Bleh... Having categories made it so much more evil in having to upload stuff compared to last year lol

Also all my photo names are terrible to boot

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

Some great shots from the forum regulars. A particular shoutout to @ralphdibny for theirs!

Plenty of good uns from names I don’t recognise too so good luck judging! I think one or two may be taken from cutscenes though.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yeah, I’ve seen a few but I think they’re relatively obvious to the judges! Still, the quality of the entries has been really quite high this year.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Your shots are superb! I'm grateful you tried to split your six evenly, but I hope you know that you didn't have to; that being said, you've now covered all of your bases, and I urge you not to retract anything, because I'm really impressed (again)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I don't have a whole load of screenshots for this year anyway (competition worthy stuff at least) @RogerRoger... So it wasn't that hard to divvy them up. The hardest part was justifying a dodge as action or coming up with the incredibly terrible names I gave them

... I do personally think they're better then the stuff I entered last year though. "Lens Flare to make (J.J) Abrams Jealous" and 4th place shall hopefully be beaten! 😄

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hey, don't knock that Watcher screencap! That was one I picked last year!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I know full well you did @RogerRoger!

I was more talking about the other two shots I submitted last year. Don't think they were quite up to snuff from what I recall ... However all six this year I feel are rather good contenders 😄

Though the quality of screenshots overall feels a whole lot better then last year's too... 😅

ralphdibny

@Thrillho cheers for the shout out! I'm glad someone liked them!!

Some shots have been really good, it's hard to believe they were taken on PS4, I wonder if some games photo modes up-res the assets in photo mode to make it look good for the photo.

Ones that have really stood out:

A Lone Bullet by @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Return to Sender and What, What Game Am I in (aka the giRafship enterprise) by @Th3Solution
The Cable Gal, Up Periscope and Three Points of No contact by @RogerRoger
The internet loves cats by @AdamNovice

But there are loads more that are just really really good! Well done peeps

See ya!

AdamNovice

@ralphdibny Lol thank you mate. As a judge on the landscape category I get a cold sweat just looking at them.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Thanks! I just threw together a few shots, although I will say that “Return to Sender” took me quite a few tries to get it just at the right moment before the axe hits the hand.
As for “Wait, What Game Am I In?”, I was just so gleeful at the Horizon Zero Dawn cameo in Death Stranding that I couldn’t help myself. And they definitely look Star Trek inspired don’t they! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution lol I still don't know what game you are in, but I like the mystery so I will remain ignorant!

See ya!

zupertramp

@ralphdibny I know there's a drastic difference between screenshots on my PS4 and PS4 Pro. That's probably something that should be included in the submission info because some of my older HZD screenshots from the base console look terrible compared to some of the ones I've taken in the past couple days on the Pro.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@zupertramp oh really, that's interesting hmm. I only have a base PS4 and while it looks good in motion, it's a little rough around the edges on certain screen caps

See ya!

zupertramp

@ralphdibny yeah i don't notice too much during gameplay, though it depends on the game and I certainly haven't made it through all my games on both just yet, but the screenshots are noticeably more detailed.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

HallowMoonshadow

Oh cheers for the screenshot praise @ralphdibny! Your shots are pretty good too, very different to most of the ones that have been submitted due to two of them involving glitches! Plus all of them are generally quite fun in tone!

I quite liked your Ghost Of Tsushima shot @Th3solution with the fox too

There was a few others I was fond of but I didn't recognise the members and I've kinda forgot the names of the shots too... Plus some of the GoT shots are a bit similar to one another (Pretty sure there's like 4/5 different variations of Jin in a duel) so they've kinda blurred together in my mind at the moment 😅

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think that duel one might maybe be from a cutscene? I’ve seen what looks like the same screenshot about 5 times too!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

For people new to the thread.

You have 4 days remaining to take part and please do it's good fun.

Remember to join the community on the PlayStation network;

Push Square Screenshots of the year 2020

You can post up to 6 shots and clearly mark them as Action, Landscape or Character.

If you can't find the community please @ RogerRoger, AdamNovice or Me and we can help direct you to the community.

Please read the first few comments of this thread for further information.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

I think I've seen a shot or two that look like they're from a cutscene @nessisonett? Though I haven't played most of the titles on show so I wouldn't personally know. 😅

There's some really brilliant stuff put up that definitely isn't cutscene material but could be mistaken for it... Looking forward to seeing what's picked!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.