Forums

Topic: The PS4 Screenshot of the Year Competition (2020)

Posts 21 to 40 of 238

nessisonett

I have now realised that 90% of my screenshots are horrific facial glitches from MLB The Show and I lack actually nice photos since I lost them all when my last PS4’s hard drive went 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

Remember to join the community on the PlayStation network;

Push Square Screenshots of the year 2020

You can post up to 6 shots and clearly mark them as Action, Landscape or Character.

If you can't find the community please @ RogerRoger who can direct you to the community.

Please read the first few comments of this thread for further information.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@Mega-Gazz Yeah, please don't feel excluded. I know it's a bit more effort but, if you have shots you'd like to enter, please stick them on a USB, transfer them to your PS5 and then send them to me in a PSN Message. I'll be sure to post them for the other judges to see.

We'll have to work on a different submission method for this time next year (by which point everybody who wants a PS5 will hopefully have one).

@zupertramp You do yourself a disservice, as your first submission was excellent!

@Anti-Matter My apologies, yes, I made an assumption yesterday when replying to you; I know you like taking shots with your phone, and so thought it was a personal preference thing. If you've got screenshots saved on your PS4, taken with the Share button and saved to your Gallery, then there should be no trouble uploading them to the Community directly.

@ralphdibny Funny stuff is more than welcome! A smile is just as valid a reaction to art than a gasp or a tear, so am looking forward to seeing what you've snapped!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger we probably need to put a shout out to everyone mate. I don't have my list anymore!

nicc83

Seems like a bit of a convoluted way to submit pics. Why not just have a forum thread where we can submit? Or even an email address.

nicc83

nessisonett

@nicc83 Because getting photos off the PS4 in the original resolution requires a USB plus this gives us a way to view all the photos in the one place in the original resolution in HDR if your TV supports it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Good plan, Batman!

@andreoni79 @ApostateMage @Arugula @BearsEatBeets @BowTiesAreCool @carlos82 @crimsontadpoles @DanM @DerMeister @Drax-UK @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Gremio108 @Jaz007 @JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried @kreativekontrol @leucocyte @LukeNI @mookysam @nessisonett @NYJetsfan123 @0ld_boy @Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego @Ryall @Sam-Bridges @Star-Lord @the_pathos @Th3solution @Thrillho @Throb @Tjuz @WanderingBullet

That's everybody who posted in last year's topic, I think. Huge apologies if I've missed anybody, and if you've already submitted (which I know some of you have) or posted in the comments of the story, then I'm sorry for bothering you about something you already knew about!

Otherwise, a reminder that you can submit up to six screenshots in this year's competition!

Post them on the dedicated "Push Square Screenshots of the year 2020" PS4 Community (which is the same one as last year, just renamed, so you might still be a member). You can also send them my way via PSN Messages, and I'll post them for you. There are three different categories for entry this year, so be sure to check the previous page for details, and tag your entries for appropriate consideration.

Submission deadline is Saturday 12 December 2020 (PM GMT). Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@nicc83 Yeah, we're taking suggestions for next year's competition. When everybody had a PS4 for a PS4 screenshot contest, it made sense to use a Community, because you're all guaranteed access just by having the console (no social media or secondary device, like a PC or tablet, required). Seems like the PS5 doesn't support Communities, not yet at least, so this'll be the last year that uses them.

Just a quick note that we're simply well-meaning amateurs. It's awesome that Push Square staff support this with a front-page story, but this isn't an "official" thing. It's just a bit of fun!

Thanks for the feedback. If you still wanna take part, but don't like interacting with the Community tab (or can't because you've been lucky enough to upgrade your console) then you can always send your shots my way, via PSN Messages. I'll post them on your behalf, so that they get considered.

Making It So Since 1987

BowTiesAreCool

Cheers for this! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does the PS5 take them in 4k? And if so, if you then transfer it to the ps4 to upload it, does the shrinking to 1080 affect it at all?

BowTiesAreCool

TheIdleCritic

I've got all my Tsushima shots on a USB but I no longer have a PS4, or PS5 (as it's with Sony being repaired )

themcnoisy

@BowTiesAreCool absolutely no idea. Give it a go and you can feedback to the PushSquare team if it works as a bonus.

JohnnyShoulder

That is my 6 posted. Turns out I like a good landscape shot and not so much many action ones! My last one that I posted just snuck into this year, 5th of Jan I took it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

Brilliant stuff. I'm doing some painting and decorating this week, as soon as I get the PS4 plugged back in and switched on, I'll get right on this.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

I’d had a look at everything up until early evening yesterday and did like “David Attenboggling”from @nessisonett

Is there an easier way to look at them other than having to open each one individually?

I also have over 80 shots from TLOU2 (so far!), let alone looking at others from this year.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@b1ackjack My apologies; I forgot to tweak a privacy setting. I should now be reachable.

That being said, I can see that you've posted a couple of entries on the Community already, which is awesome, so I'm grateful for your perseverance!

@Thrillho Alas, no. You have to manually view each separate image.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@b1ackjack Looking forward to seeing them!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@TowaHerschel7 Hey, welcome back! Thanks for taking part; how have you been?

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Cool, I'll have to go back over what I've taken this year and see if there anything other than GoT to submit pics from. Might take a while going through.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

HallowMoonshadow

Honestly the hardest thing about this competition now that I think I have my shots is me trying to stretch the term "action" as loosely as I can to submit two pics to every category! 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.