Forums

Topic: State of Play -OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 366

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah pretty much, I personally preferred it involving Otto though if I’m honest. These little twists on the familiar are what should keep us all guessing as the game universe expands.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Voltan At this point, after two post-credit teaser scenes, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't him. It's exactly as the Colonel says; the reason the games are so compelling is because they're not just serving up the same ol' storylines we've seen adapted a dozen times before.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I agree with @RogerRoger and can't see anyway Venom isn't who they have been quite openly hinting at. I like they are trying something different with the Symbiote, but much like the film I'm a little disappointed they are skipping out on the symbiote's relationship with Peter first which pretty much defines it's whole reason for hating Spider-man (and a big reason I haven't seen the film yet). Still I thought they did a great job with the story and characters so far so will still be excited to see their take.
I also think the voice has to be Kraven so with those 2 involved I'm wondering if they will hold off properly introducing Green Goblin for 3. Maybe the events of this game will lead to his tease for the following one.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

HallowMoonshadow

I'm a bit late I know in putting my thoughts down I know

But overall I thought it was a good showcase. Better then anything else this year (Though that isn't saying much)

I don't have much to say about Knights Of The Old Republic. It's most certainly not going to be a turn based RPG though (That apparently used dice rolls?). Could be interesting still?

Project Eve is probably the title I'm most interested in. It looks like a really fun action game and had some interesting looking monster designs too and there was something anout the lighting that I thought looked really nice. People were saying Bayonetta or Platinum but the character model reminded me of DOA more then anything for some reason.

I skipped Borderlands 3 and I'm not entirely sure I'd want to play Tiny Tina's Wonderlands either... But I did like that DLC from Borderlands 2 so... maybe?

Forspoken. I hate the dialogue. It's pretty bad & the fish out of water/from the real world to fantasy concept is not interesting to me either. It looks rather nice enviroment wise but... Yeah. Not as interested as I was after the initial teaser for it.

Never played Alan Wake. Don't have much of an opinion on the trailer as I thoight it was pretty weak on explaining it for someone who knows nothing about it.

Deathloop ... I don't really like Dishonoured. It looks just like that but with guns. And like most I'm unfortunately sick of seeing it.

I like the look of Ghostwire Tokyo though. Gimme another trailer on that please!

I don't like the art style for the characters in Tchia. The possessing animals was neat though and the usage of scale (for possesing smaller/larger animals) could be pretty interesting?

Wolverine Yeah it was a CG trailer for a game nowhere near release. Least it wasn't overly long though or for some stupid season of your multiplayer instead of gameplay footage for your game that comes out im a few months -Cough- Halo -Cough-

Well who wasn't expecting Spider-Man 2 to show up at some point? At least this was in engine CG though. How is Insomniac doing this though? Black magic? Is Cthulhu secretly the head of Insomniac?

Gran Turismo 7 Yeah. Looks like GT. The organ music was something else. I look forward to playing it at some point seeing as it actually has the "story" mode unlike GT sport.

God Of War Ragnarok Yeah. Really need to get around to buying and playing the fourth (Or first of the two norse games) at some point.

Don't think I missed anything else important from the showcase

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Octane

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Forspoken looks nice enough to give it a try. Gary Whitta is lead writer, so I'm definitely curious to say the least.

Never played KOTOR, but it's Star Wars, and as long as it's real time action, I'm in. I'm not sure I can play anything turn-based that isn't a Pokémon-like. With the KOTOR remake, and the upcoming Jedi Fallen Order sequel, next year is going to be great for Star Wars.

I'm also interested in the Alan Wake remaster, never played the original. Though I will say that remasters from two gens ago look a little disappointing. I hope it isn't full price in that case.

Octane

Voltan

@Octane it’s already up for pre-orders and it’s nowhere near full price

Voltan

HallowMoonshadow

Can't say who I who that is @Octane unfortunately. To be honest Amy Henning doesn't do a whole lot for me either? Uncharted has a fine enough story and Soul Reaver had pretty decent world building and fancy dialogue but not much of import actually happened.

See i'm the opposite. Not much of a star wars fan but the turn based combat would've more likely drew me in. It'd at least be unique and stand out more with turn based 😄

I've not played a Remedy game (at least I'm pretty sure I haven't) so I don't any opinion on them as a whole to help judge Alan Wake beyond hearing folks praise it over the years.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

@Iver Surprisingly it has very favorable regional pricing for my country (unlike most games these days). €29.99 in most of Europe, which would be 130 PLN in Poland (still a good price) but it’s 99 on the Polish PS Store.

Voltan

Octane

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy He wrote Rogue One, which was the only good SW film from Disney so far IMO. And he also does a popular podcast in Animal Crossing, Animal Talk or something like that.

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

I thought Rogue One was pretty pointless and boring as a film so... Yeah that really does nothing for me @Octane!

JohnnyShoulder

I liked the format of the show, let the games do the talking and put the dev talk at the end. At least that way people can skip the dev talk if they want to. Never been a big fan of the big E3 type conferences any way and always used to skip straight to the games to cut out all bumf in-between.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Little Devil Inside appearing is very good news. I've been hyped for it ever since it was first shown at a Stay of Play.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I've been hyped since this game was in development for the Wii U lol.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Yeah, I'm aware of being late to the party.

Also, that announcement must have been a way to temper expectations. Like, LDI is going to be tomorrow's biggest game.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I'm fine with that!

It's just great to see if finally come to fruition. I don't think there has been another game in development for this long, that also got "regular" updates. Maybe Last Guardian. Normally they just disappear for a couple of years without any new trailers.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane There are still a lot of games with an extremely long development time, but yeah, you are right that mostly they just disappear from the public for years and years (Bayonetta 3).

I can only recall Dreams (2013-2020) as a game with a long development time and regular updates.

When I learnt about Little Devil Inside's existence a year ago, I remember my first thought being 'oh, this is probably the sequel to that one game". :')

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried Right, forgot about Dreams, that one saw the PS4 come and go pretty much!

Octane

Voltan

Got my PlayStation socks on. I’m ready.

Voltan

Sorry, this topic has been locked.