Forums

Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Posts 201 to 220 of 242

Octane

@RogerRoger Oh, don't bother! It wasn't a spoiler, I don't think I'll ever play those. But I didn't realise that could've been a potential reason as to why they're not in this game. The last Star Wars game before EA's Battlefront that I know of is the Podracer game lol.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane Ah, phew! Thanks for letting me know. I'd hate to ruin anything for anybody!

Podracing FTW, of course.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I thought I’d reply here @TheBrandedSwordsman

So I’ve just met with the Wookiee Tarfful and got the rebreather. I’ve liked it so far and the combat is pretty solid. Exploration is fun but the amount of backtracking is a bit of a pain.

Thrillho

Thrillho

I've just made it to Ilum and it took me far longer than it should have to open the gate using the crystals..

Dathomir was a cool experience (so far!) and the difference in look of the planet to the others made a good change. I'm definitely glad I followed the gentle nudges from the game to go to Zeffo first as it can't be much fun on Dathomir that early in the game!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I went to Dathomir first, during my very first playthrough; you're right, big mistake. Not so much in terms of difficulty, but simply because it starts telling you this interesting story... and then you realise that Cal can't make the double-jump over to the temple yet, so you can only be there for ten minutes, tops. Just long enough to meet Merrin and Malicos, then turn around and fly away again. It's kinda weird!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I later read something saying you got a Lightsaber upgrade earlier than you would have otherwise if you choose to go to Dathomir first but yes, I can see it being a fairly brief affair!

I've just 100% finished Dathomir now though. Getting back to some areas for the last few echoes was a right pain on that map!

I love what they've done with the lightsaber on this game though with the split function being and looking quite cool.

Thrillho

Octane

@Thrillho They were like; How can we fit every style of lightsaber in this game?

Octane

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, there's a workbench right beneath the bridge where you can unlock a double-bladed lightsaber really early. It's a knowing nod towards Darth Maul, who comes from Dathomir, but I didn't feel ready for it, so absolutely avoided it in future playthroughs.

@Octane Respawn Entertainment wanted all the fine additions to their collection.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

More progress as I'm well into the Fortress (and presumably near a boss given the ominous position of a meditation point outside a big door). The first thing I though when I got to the prison area was that it was the area @RogerRoger got his image for the screenshot competition

After the brief return to Bogano I decided to 100% that planet and then went to Kashyyk to do the same. The latter was a right pain seeing as it was so long and linear. I get why it's not there but some sort of fast travel would have been very welcome!

I also did a little bit of trophy hunting for combat specific ones. The one for "Not So Fast" was very poorly explained in the trophy list and I had no idea you could even do the special attack after slowing enemies down without reading that up online. "Cal Got Your Tongue?" was quite funny but another I wouldn't have figured out without reading about it.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Why yes, yes it was. I'm honoured that you found it such a memorable shot!

It might only be unlocked once you've cleared the campaign, but there is a fast-travel option of sorts unlocked for that linear section of Kashyyyk. At certain points, if you find the Shyyyo bird standing around and approach him, he'll fly you back to the base of the large zipline behind the Imperial mining facility. It's only a return trip, so there's still nothing to get you to the top of the Origin Tree quicker than walking, but at least it saves climbing all the way back down once you've ticked everything off the map.

I think I unlocked "Cal Got Your Tongue?" by total accident but you're right, some of the other trophies required a little research, and could've been clearer. Do you think you're gonna go for the platinum? Because if so, I should warn you about your terrarium.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I completed the terrarium already so hopefully that’s all you mean! I’m probably going to go for the plat as I only have Zeffo to 100% and still have to go around a crashed ship there I think? I’ve got all abilities already and also got the trophy for killing a stormtrooper with his own blaster shot so don’t think there are many left to get (other than completing the game of course..)

And the Shyyyo bird was there when I went back. I only needed echoes/crates from the tree and higher so I jumped on the bird hoping it would take me up so was a bit gutted to find it took me back instead! Luckily I had saved at the meditation point by it and the game didn’t auto save after taking me back so a quick reload and I was fine!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Thrillho

@RogerRoger And I remember your screenshot as I wasn’t even sure what I was looking at but liked the composition and saw it was from the game. I have a fair few of my own shots I’ll post once I’m all done with the game.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Nicely done! Yeah, the terrarium caused a headache for a lot of people, myself included. I missed a couple of the seeds in my playthrough, so went and collected them post-game, only to realise they needed between two and three hours of actual in-game time to fully grow. This was all before the Photo Mode got patched in, as well, so I had to spend a couple of evenings running up and down the Origin Tree and then returning to the Mantis to scream at some undisturbed digital dirt. Fun times!

Yeah, once you've fully explored Zeffo, you'll be more or less there. It's a real easy platinum. I'm so glad they didn't include any difficulty-related trophies. Sorry to hear that the Shyyyo bird took you in the wrong direction, though! I think I even tried the same once!

Looking forward to seeing the shots you've snagged along the way!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I found all of the seeds naturally, other than one (one you get on a return trip to Bogano).

I’ve got all combat related trophies now after getting the one for kicking the beastie on Zeffo.

I didn’t realise I was literally at the end of the game saving at the point I had though The last fight was a little underwhelming but the appearance of Vader was very cool.

And then destroying the Holocron made it very easy for the game to not have to tie in to the “main” universe of the films etc. even if it is supposed to be canon.

So it’s just Zeffo to finish and then I’m done! A pretty great game and one that was just the right length.

Thrillho

Octane

@Thrillho Why the holocron? Considering all the other events, it's pretty well rooted in the 'main' universe as you say it.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Good skills and yeah, I didn't wanna say anything before, but I knew you literally had about half an hour's worth of gameplay and cutscenes to go! Finishing off the exploration of Zeffo shouldn't take you that long, but it's a really pretty environment, one worthy of a few snapshots.

And I suppose it depends on who was listed on the holocron. I doubt it would've named Luke or Leia, given the secrecy surrounding their birth, but it's interesting to know that somebody, somewhere, at some point, was tracking the next generation of Jedi. Regardless of its potential canon implications, I thought it was definitely the right call to destroy it. The whole "Can we be trusted with this power?" question in well-written stories is always a favourite of mine. Cal did good.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Octane I’m not mad serious into Star Wars (I haven’t even seen past episode 7!) but I assume holocrons are a fairly standard thing. But destroying that one means that it doesn’t then tie that set of characters into finding the kids, even if there is another copy out there.

@RogerRoger and yeah, probably the right call anyway given how they’d already lost it the once!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I saw some fans on the game's PS4 Community (may it rest in peace) angrily claim that the entire game was pointless because Cal destroyed the holocron at the end. Made me laugh.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I kind of get it from a “this is how games are supposed to work” point of view; Mario never rescued Princess Peach just to tell her she was dumped

Thrillho

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.