Forums

Topic: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Posts 141 to 160 of 160

Octane

Lara plays like a monkey in this game. You get to keep most of the upgrades from last game as well, pretty neat. The rope pulling at least.

Octane

kyleforrester87

Calling all SOTTR pros (or @RogerRoger will do), I was looking at getting Days Gone and playing it through on the hardest setting but it’s silly money on the store so went for this instead. It’s just downloading but I’m thinking I’ll give it a go on the hardest setting available (I usually just play on normal, but I can hack harder games!)l

I 100%ed Tr:De.

Any tips?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 You must have just missed it as Days Gone was just under 20 quid on the ps4 store last week.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Sorry for being late to the party. You'll be underway by now, and so will have a better grasp on the game's overall difficulty. It can be changed at any time via the pause menu, so I hope you can find one that suits your style!

Do remember that Shadow of the Tomb Raider has separate, fully customisable difficulty settings for combat, platforming and its puzzles. Unlocking every ancient tomb, scurrying about like a mountain goat but still struggling to get headshots? Go into the settings and lower the combat by itself, leaving the tougher brain-teasers in place and keeping those climbing handholds paint-free.

Just be warned that mismatched individual settings can confuse some of the difficulty-related trophies but, if you're just here for a good time, ignore them and tailor the experience accordingly.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder that’s a bummer, it’ll come back round I guess

@RogerRoger @LN78 Thanks - I’ve just hooked up with Jonah again after the plane crash, enjoying it so far - disabled the Witcher vision and turned hints off, already been a little stumped once or twice so we’ll see how it goes! Very pretty game though - why can’t FF7 remake environments look like this? Wish my eye was at 100% so I could take it all in!

kyleforrester87

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 ...and they're both SquareEnix games, which begs the question why there wasn't a little in-house competitive spirit or tech-sharing going on behind the scenes.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @RogerRoger They use different engines. Tomb Raider uses the Foundation engine which is something Crystal Dynamics built, FFVII Remake used the Unreal Engine 4. Which is unusual for a FF game as they have used the Luminous engine in recent times.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 OK. If you say so (big) boss!

RogerRoger

@Arugula Poor Miguel.

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

It was all going great until I had to play Lara as a child. Major bummer. I also didn’t realise I was holding an item that would help me with the shield puzzle. MAJOR bummer. Wasted 2 hours poking round that room looking for clues.

Back in the Jungle now, thankfully. Hopefully no more of that.

I am playing slowly because I really can’t see very well 😂

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@LN78 phew, it took me right out of it. I’m on steroid eye drops (every hour for a week, then every two hours etc) for 6 weeks and ointment over night. Hopefully it doesn’t flare up again, it’s been left eye/right eye/left eye back to back since early Feb. I’m still on 1 drop a day for my right eye (final week!).

Because the dosage is so high at the moment it’s basically really blurry in one eye and I can’t focus on all the graphical goodness and small font.

Animal Crossing has been the perfect game to play recently, nice bold colours and big text.

What a pain, my vision has always been excellent (and still is when it’s not flaring up!)

I know I’m moaning about it a lot, thanks for listening 😂

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I think there maybe one or two more flash back sequences? But I could be wrong diddly wrong wrong. Hope your eyes get better soon!

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 First up, glad to hear you're on your final week of drops; fingers crossed they've done the job, and that your eyes stay healthy!

Confirming that there are no further playable flashback sequences in Shadow, unless you've got all of the DLC downloaded and installed, in which case you might encounter one more if you stumble into the wrong Challenge Tomb... and yeah, that shield puzzle stumped me at first, too!

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger last week on the right, 5 more on the left 😂 thanks bud, looking forward to enjoying more of this game. I am really enjoying it without the detective ability feature. So far at least, some puzzles might end up being too much without.

kyleforrester87

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Even when replaying it (so I knew exactly what to do) I relied way too heavily on Detective Instincts / Survivor Vision / Assassin's Mode / whatever it's called this time. Seeing you rave about the lack of it, I'm tempted to try it for myself. It's been a while, and I still have a "complete the game on the highest difficulty" trophy to aim for. Maybe later in the year.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87

I'll come back to this topic in a couple days, and it'll just be you posting "AAAAAAAHH!!"

Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.