Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 781 to 787 of 787

crimsontadpoles

For weapons, I mostly just used bows, some elemental ones probably. It's just my style of playing, I prefer just to get stuck in and attack the enemies instead of taking time to craft traps and carefully place them.

Monster Hunter World is similar. It's much more fun for me just to attack the big monsters, and only spend time crafting new gear and accessories when absolutely necessary.

Octane

@RogerRoger They were pretty good. I'm certain I despised one or two of them, but I liked the others. There's a whole quest involving the hunting grounds in the main game, and it ends with a fight against a battered Thunderjaw. It's really cool, because it's all damaged, and has a bunch of spears stuck in its back. It's the only unique enemy model in the game as far as I know.

And there's a good one in the DLC, where they limit the number of arrows you can use. You pretty much have to one-shot everything. Even the big dinos.

Octane

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Same here. In fact, preferring to get up-close, my most prolific weapon was probably Aloy's melee staff, which I upgraded to stun and deliver critical hits more frequently.

@Octane Oh, I did enough to see the Redmaw quest through, yes. Absolutely fantastic encounter and you're right, the only "character" machine you can fight. I also got the Gold Medal in the DLC's limited arrow challenge, because it was all about archery and that was my main focus.

It was an early one with rolling log traps, I think, which made me stick to the bare minimum.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nialpir

Hello everyone! New to this wonderful site! Big fan of HZD!

"I'M MORE THAN A THREAT"

PSN: NialpiR | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.