Forums

Topic: Hitman 2 (2018)

Posts 81 to 100 of 110

crimsontadpoles

There's a new elusive target now available for those with the legacy pack, The Badboy. I managed to do it first try, but it didn't go so well.

After getting close to the target with a good disguise and having knocked out some nearby people all without getting spotted, I then found it tricky to separate the target from his last bodyguard. After luring away those two into a secluded spot, I then made the mistake of throwing a soda can at the bodyguard's head. That made a loud noise alerting nearby people, causing me to have to quickly knock out and kill the target, then run and hide. Once the heat had died down, I was able to replace my compromised outfit with that of a nearby techie, then calmly make my exit.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura I found out about the employee who was due to be fired, took his place and shoved her through her office window. I'd explored one or two of the other Mission Stories (gave the investigative reporter those documents which crashed the stock market, without realising what that mechanic actually achieved at first) but settled on it when I saw the guy's sweater. 47 loves good knitwear.

How about you?

@crimsontadpoles Ooh, thanks for the heads-up. I was gonna move on with a new game this evening, but I might jump back on and give The Badboy a try first.

And don't worry, you're not the only one who's accidentally thrown a soda can / brick / wrench / knife / baseball bat / shuriken / fish / desk lamp / pool ball / snowball / suitcase / coconut at somebody's head and caused a panic. Far from it. Happens to me all the time!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LaJettatura

@RogerRoger on my first run I was all over the map, helped the reporter with her scoop and I was already in the main targets office and cleaned out the guards via the ole coin toss subdue trick. I shut off the wifi router and then went roaming and ended up in the IT guys quarters so I took the disguise from the IT guy with the fuzzy slippers and then went back upstairs, of course another IT guy repairing the router so I took him out then pushed her out the window as well. With so many ways to roam around and kill stalk your targets, Hitman 2 has alot of game hours to offer.
Have you gotten the Drop the Bass (legacy) trophy/achievement yet?

Steam: Lee Marvin's Ghost

PSN: LaJettatura

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura Wow, you touched upon almost all of the major Mission Stories in one run! Nicely done; I agree, to substantially scratch the surface of each location, you've got to replay it four times minimum.

And yes, I've got "Drop the Bass" from Bangkok, right? Although I'll readily admit that my method felt a little like cheating. I blame the game for encouraging me to think creatively. Are you working on it?

Making It So Since 1987

LaJettatura

@RogerRoger I have completed Hitman GOTY 100% percent, just need to redo all of them again in Hitman 2. Actually its a breeze to complete the legacy chapters having done these before.
Also, I try to do as many mission stories as allowed in a run also getting the other challenges as well.

Drop the Bass, Exterminator plot line and dragged both of them under the tree then shot coconut down on their heads. Then you gotta run out since guards witness that. Not sure what method you used to do this one. So yeah I just gotta do it again...

I did love the kill Jordan Cross at his B-Day party with smothering him in the cake in front of his party members. The look on all of their faces priceless...lol

The suit only challenges are amazing, since after you figure it out, its like you did not know it could be that easy!

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura I deliberately tried to mix up my methodology when replaying the Legacy Pack, but then I hadn't gotten around to properly completing The Complete First Season before they announced what they were doing, so I just waited it out. It was great because I not only rediscovered an amazing game that I'd kinda overlooked, but all that content at my fingertips really helped me get the Hitman bug.

That's exactly what I did for "Drop the Bass" as well! Great minds!

It felt like cheating because I'd knocked them out, though, and then positioned them beneath the coconuts. Didn't get spotted. I think I lucked out because I always do the "silly" trophies on Casual, so either the guard count was lower or they didn't react as quickly as Professional / Master.

And what, you mean this moment...?

Untitled

I made that GIF when a fellow PushSquare user asked whether we were planning a party for their birthday. I thought it was a suitable response!

Now that I've unlocked the Hitman Absolution suit (my favourite suit) I'm going back and getting all of the Suit Only challenges that I'd previously missed. Some I've ended up making really needlessly complex. Once I've achieved it for myself, I'll look up other people's methods online for comparison; I think Sapienza took me almost half an hour, and then I looked on YouTube and there were people with six minute walkthroughs. D'oh!

Making It So Since 1987

LaJettatura

@RogerRoger Perfect Moment captured thanks for that!

I love the inventory you can pickup also its hilarious: 5 cannonballs, 3 screwdrivers, 4 wrenches, 3 hammers and you still pass a guard frisk...

Suit only, Silent Assassin Hokkiado is a blast.

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura It's my second-favourite GIF. Best one I managed to capture was this:

Untitled

And you're absolutely right, that always made me laugh; I took everything from that New York bank vault (six Fabergé eggs, twelve gold bars, a violin, etc.) and it all fit into 47's magic pockets. It does make me wonder about the competency of those guards. "Hello sir, let's just look inside this suitcase... a lockpick, a vial of lethal poison, a fibre wire and ninja throwing stars? Yep, everything seems to be in order. Go right ahead."

I've yet to try Hokkaido, but I have a route planned for when I do (through the back offices, starting on the cliff near the helipad). I'll look forward to that, cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I'll never tire of watching that. Agent 47 is such a smooth operator.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LaJettatura

@RogerRoger With your Hokkaido planning your on the right track Agent 47...

Think Silencer, Heart, Sauna...

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Isn't he just? I'm so lucky to have caught that.

@LaJettatura Ah, thanks for the tips! I was thinking of heading for the heart, it's the quickest and cleanest method for Soders, but the sauna would make a good follow-up.

Although, since you called me Agent 47, I'll refrain from calling you Diana.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Earlier today I played the latest Sniper Assassin map, released today as part of the Expansion Pass. It's a remote private prison in Siberia, and you're tasked with taking out the corrupt warden and his star inmate, a mob boss who's the real mover and shaker.

There's an optional objective in play which helps direct you towards some of the more outlandish assassination methods available. Triggering a prison riot will totally change the game; for my first playthrough, I refrained from doing so, instead picking people off as I've done before in the previous two maps, watching them lazily go about their days and blasting them into various hiding places. Second time around, I shot open the prison gates and suddenly all heck broke loose (not sure what else I was expecting, but hey).

My favourite part was when I was tracking one of my targets and he ran into a building, which was subsequently set ablaze by the rioting hoards. "47, they're burning the building," Diana informed me. "It's doubtful anybody inside will survive." True enough, the pure luck of my timing essentially did my job for me. "Target down. Nice work, 47." But I didn't do anything!

It's all very atmospheric and, as you'd expect by now, deviously clever. Whilst it isn't as immediately gorgeous as the previous two Sniper Assassin maps, it might just be the best, most inventive slice of stationary Hitman gameplay yet.

Making It So Since 1987

LaJettatura

@RogerRoger I just finished the Siberia Sniper Map as well. I like the prison setting and causing the riot is a blast. I love the futile attempt of bullets trying to hit you on your perch after you blow it.

Easy compared to the other sniper maps available. Used Wall Shot Ammo while guy is lifting weights...nice! I hope they continue to give us decent Sniper Maps and more good DLC missions in new settings.

crimsontadpoles

There's a new legacy elusive target available now, The Chameleon, which requires the legacy pack. There's an extra complication in that it it requires a non-explosive accidental death, but I managed to complete it. The main issue for me was finding the target, and probably spent about 30 minutes or so just looking for him. After finding him and then obtaining a better disguise, I then took down a nearby enforcer with the help of emetic poison. After dealing with him, the target had disappeared. After a quick and frantic search, it turned out he had moved to somewhere that nicely set up an easy kill, so I happily took that opportunity.

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Leaning over the balcony at the front of the house, right? I looked up a video afterwards because I was convinced there was an easier way than my method, which involved clearing out all nearby guards, enforcers and civilians with distractions and non-lethal takedowns, then knocking him out and dumping him through an open window. Took me a good half-hour and without the ability to save my progress, it got real tense towards the end.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura There's only been one more piece of DLC announced, which is a full level (so think New York, not a sniper map) set in a tropical holiday resort.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's one or two more sniper maps later on, because they're probably easier to develop than an entire level, but nothing's been confirmed. The expansion pass only ever promised two sniper maps (which we've now had) and two full levels (New York and this tropical one, due September / October) as well as some more Special Assignment remixes.

But it'll doubtless be supported for another full year. IO Interactive are good like that.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles That's the beauty of knowing the map. I knew where there was an easily-pinchable disguise to get me into the house almost immediately.

Of course, it led to thirty minutes of fumbling calamity, so I shouldn't really boast.

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

@RogerRoger I stumbled upon what was probably your easily-pinchable disguise right at the start, but quickly decided to swap it out for the Point Man disguise as that doesn't seem to have any enforcers. As I didn't know where the target was, I spent a very long time exploring everywhere that the Point Man could legally go. After no success, I eventually swapped back to that easily-pinchable disguise so I could check elsewhere.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic