Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,795

nomither6

@Ralizah more like physically hot than warm for me , yeah . i never worried about it , i feel as long as i keep it in open space and clean enough , itll be fine .

nomither6

Thrillho

@Ralizah I’m sure I posted pics of mine when I cleaned it out for the first time last year. It wasn’t pretty! I felt better for doing it but I’m not sure it made a huge difference to the amount of work the fan was doing.

I’ll just post links in case the images are massive;

Before: https://i.ibb.co/VjjvBhF/BD985-C8-B-0-C66-4821-8475-9312557-A...

After: https://i.ibb.co/r049Y8z/18256877-F2-BB-4576-A8-D7-973-A60-E3...

It’s worth noting that on the original models you need a specific type of screwdriver to open the console up. I had to order one online as it wasn’t something I already had in my toolbox.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Eep! Hope your PS4 is okay, and that cleaning it helps. I keep meaning to do mine (literally had a discussion on here a couple weeks ago, yet still haven't gotten around to it). If a simple clean doesn't solve the issue, you might have to replace the thermal paste. My best friend was forced to do that recently, and it's added another couple of years to her console's lifespan.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

veltix

If I buy a ssd for my ps4 any loading times difference.. Faster? Like call of duty and battlefield games faster spawn into map, etc...?

veltix

Ralizah

@RogerRoger @Thrillho So, I'll definitely still be cleaning my PS4 soon, but I decided to just play the game for now and not worry too much about the fan/heat. It hasn't exploded or anything so far (even though it sounds kinda like it's going to), so I guess I'm good for now. I need to order a special screwdriver anyway.

Seeing those before/after pictures is definitely going to motivate me to do it, though, since mine almost certainly looks as bad or worse.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@veltix As a general rule, a game's assets will load faster with an SSD installed, but you won't see any benefit in an online multiplayer game because your spawn rate (and other loading times) will be controlled by the game's server. An SSD only really helps single player games.

@Ralizah Fingers crossed she holds up 'til that screwdriver arrives. Base PS4s can sound atrocious and still work perfectly, so I hope you've got a good headset to hear God of War with!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger The sound has been skipping lately when I've been plugging my headphones into the controller, so I'm full stereo speakers with this game for the moment. I'll just... pretend I'm playing it on an airplane that has blown out one of its engines or something...

It'll be fine.

Probably.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Voltan

Alan Wake remastered for PS4 leaking all over the interwebz today 👀

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Might wanna tell Alan to clean up after himself.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

KNACK 2 turns 4 today 🎂
Just in time for that Knack 3 announcement next Thursday.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Don't curse things. Although I would PMSL if that is the big game announcement of the showcase.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I'd play Knack 3 - maybe not day 1 but I would. I think we all know Knack is over though.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I'd probably wait until it is on PS Plus/Now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Been hearing a lot of positive reactions to the Tales of Arise demo… with a lot of people comparing it favourably to Final Fantasy VII Remake (which I loved). I haven’t played any of the Tales of… series though (and really don’t need yet another series to work myself through). So to anyone familiar with the series, are the individual games connected to the others or independent stories like the Final Fantasy games… and therefore perfectly fine to just jump in at any point?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore Yeah, the Tales of series is pretty much like Final Fantasy with standalone stories so it's fine to play any of them. Most people consider Tales of Vesperia the best game in the series and the best entry point. Personally though, I've been playing the game myself the past few weeks and after 15 hours of playtime, the game is just okay. I've been posting my full thoughts here if you want to read them in more detail: https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/what...

These older games just aren't anything special. Tales of Arise on the other hand, now that game looks like it will shake things up and I'm looking forward to playing it more than any other game in the series.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge good to know, I'll keep an eye on the reviews at launch and see if they hook me in.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Anyone know if you can remove previous PS Plus games from your library?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic