Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,795

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I knew I'd want both a PS4 and a PS5 well before they launched having had each playstation before... and also was well aware of a lean first year for most consoles too. It worked out in both cases too... in the case of the PS4 I had the world's coolest bedside table for the period leading up to my house move. And as for pre-ordering my PS5, I've avoided any wasted time and subsequent anxiety I may have felt at trying and failing to purchase one like most people have done since launch.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I'm surprised you didn't use it as door stop! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Toilet brush holder?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder remove 'brush holder' and we might be getting somewhere.

Only for old sh** though, it can't deal with new sh** 😜.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore I wouldn’t leave a console for a year without using it, but I have bought loads of games I haven’t played yet. I bought games like Immortals Fenyx Rising and Yakuza: Like A Dragon and I’ve not got around to them yet.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- oh I'm constantly buying games... after fastidiously scheduling my backlog up until the end of 2023 (during which I will have cleared around 60 games out of the backlog)... I still have 113 games left unscheduled to be played sometime after new years day 2024.

And yes, I'm extremely anal 🤔

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore In a show of common idiosyncrasy, I also left my PS4 boxed up for several months after purchase. I think It was 4-5 months. Similarly I was in the middle of a move and a major life adjustment so I couldn’t really set it up. And it worked out fine for me at the time, but unfortunately I didn’t think about similarly grabbing a PS5 on day 1 and boy, did I regret waIting. Not preordering cost me 5 months of scouring the internet for stock.

I have also left my PS4 (and PS3) hooked up but haven’t turned on my PS3 in many months and now my PS4 is gradually becoming less attractive to me. My plan had been to do as you’re doing and just continue to utilize the older machine for the last gen games, but now I’m getting too spoiled. I didn’t realize how much I was going to like the quickness with which a game launches. It’s seems such a silly ‘first-world problem’, but life is too short to wait through 2 minutes worth of splash and loading screens! 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Having nodded along with everything you've written over the past couple pages, I'd just like to highlight the following particular quote...

colonelkilgore wrote:

In all probability I am WAAAAAYYY over-cautious but it’s never steered my wrong.

...and say that you spelt "wise" wrong (see emphasis).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @colonelkilgore I was thinking more along the lines of over-insane, but there you go. 😉

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder being called both wise and insane is not new too me. The way I perceive things lends itself well to this.

There is no great genius (not that I'm referring to myself as such or anything) without a touch of madness and vice versa. They even share a specific gene, called neuregulin 1.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Some one's interpretation of insane is another person's normal. There are plenty of things that I do which are perceived as not being 'normal', but I gave up caring ages ago. As long as it is not some thing like eating dog poop or harming anyone or anything, I see no problem with it.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, don’t knock it — eating dog poop cures COVID. 100% of the people who eat dog poop don’t die from COVID. Scientific fact.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder Somebody once said that the difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

In other words, whatever works for you, works.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic