Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 581 to 600 of 634

colonelkilgore

ThereThere wrote:

Father Gascoigne felled! 🤜

well done that man! So after conquering Central Yarnham, what are your thoughts so far?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere I know exactly what you mean about rewiring your brain to get in the zone on a souls-like… trouble is other games will never feel quite the same 😅

**** DLC!

Mega-Gazz

Kairu wrote:

I feel like I'm going to have to play Bloodborne again. The itch is coming back and it may need scratching...

I keep holding out for 60fps, or I’d be replaying it now. 30fps is just hard to go back to.

Mega-Gazz

Shinnok789

@ThereThere Well done mate! The Father G fight is the one that determines weather a beginner rage quits or is hooked. Glad to see that for you it's the latter!

For the next part of the game, I could give you a lot of helpful tips but not without giving too much away from the game. So if you write some progress here, I'll chime in with what can for the part of the game you've already discovered.

For now the only advice I can give you is this: the Cathedral Ward, where you find yourself now, is a sort of hub area.
Think of it as the trunk of a tree, with Yharnam as it's roots, and the rest of the game as it's branches.
From here begin the paths towards all the other main areas in the game.
But... this Cathedral Ward zone needs to be opened first, which is not that intuitive.
If you feel you need help, you can post here and we'll gladly guide you.

Good hunting!

Shinnok789

Th3solution

@ThereThere Fantastic and Well done! Good to hear you’ve caught the bug.

Yes, as others have said, I feel like Father Gascoigne is the biggest hurdle in the game and once you’re past him, you can assume that you’ll have the ability to get through about anything the game has going forward.

That’s not to say there’s bosses and encounters that aren’t harder, it’s just more of a proving ground type of thing, I think. As you’ve probably seen us talk about before, FromSoft games have this aspect whereby everyone seems to struggle with different bosses. Some people will say a certain boss was nearly impossible for them while another will say they beat them on the first try, and vice versa. We all struggle with different ones. I personally felt Father Gascoigne was about the hardest boss in the game, and most people find him to be a big hurdle.

Looking forward to your future updates. Things start to really open up here to as far as new areas and enemies and the exploration becomes really a big aspect. I’m sure you’re in a good rhythm now. Be sure to muck around and unlock shortcuts to make future runs easier. I think you’ve figured that out by now, but I didn’t realize until pretty far into the game that most runs to the boss have a shortcut so when you die you don’t always have to trek through a thousand enemies again. Finding the shortcuts isn’t always self-evident.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Decoy_Snake

@ThereThere good going, once you've got past him the game kinda levels out in terms of challenge, or at least it did for me, he was the boss that gave me the most trouble on my first run

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Decoy_Snake

Finally beat the Queen in the Chalice Dungeon need to beat the Moon Presence for the Plat. Do I need to beat Gherman again before it drops to fight?

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Decoy_Snake

@Kairu I used the 3 umbilical cords before I went into Gehrman, beat him surprisingly quickly (second attempt) and it booted me to NG+ didn't register that I'd used them FFS!!

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Decoy_Snake

@Kairu frustrating for sure but it's not like I would have stopped playing just run through again I guess

• Downloaded my cloud save back before I fought Micholash so I might be in luck 🤞🏻

Edited on by Decoy_Snake

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Shinnok789

@Decoy_Snake That's extremely weird... are you sure you consumed at least 3 of the 4 Umbilical Chords? I played the game for ~600h, defeated Moon Presence countless times, and never encountered such a bug.
Btw I use the latest version... be sure to update the game especially if you have it on disk, to be certain most of the bugs are solved.
Since you have access to Cloud (you can also use a USB stick) - make your way back to the end, and before you consume the Chords and fighting Gehrman back-up the save (exit the game and copy the save manually to the cloud or USB drive). If it happens again, go back and make sure you haven't missed anything.
BTW - with this method, you can also save scum and see all 3 endings if you want, get all 3 Trophies in 1 playthrough (finish the game with 1 ending - exit - replace the save - go again for the next ending).
That makes it possible to Platinum the game in 1 Playthrough. Did it myself for the second Platinum on a new account + new character, and works perfectly. Also useful for farming dungeon bosses for big blood gems.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Decoy_Snake

@Shinnok789 I popped them as I when I got back to the hunters dream after beating the Wet Nurse, it was my second run through so I'm not fussed it's not like I have wasnt going to play it again.

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Shinnok789

@Decoy_Snake Very well then
Since you're replaying - have you tried to complete all of the NPC questlines? Some are more interesting than others, but all of them are worth a try at least once.
Eileen's, for example, gets you to a confrontation against one of the most difficult enemies in the game... he can be cheesed of course, but one on one he's very tough to beat... he would have been a very good boss.
And you simply HAVE to trick Adella (the crazy nun) to be crushed by Amygdala at least once... fun to pull off and watch ^_^

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Decoy_Snake

@Shinnok789 yeah I'm gonna try and do a few
of the other NPC quests, I've just helped Eillen beat Henryk but I think I'm gonna have to look up guides for some of them

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Shinnok789

@Decoy_Snake It would be best to use guides, yes, because some of them are either moon phase or other events dependent, and are easily missed.
BTW 1: now that you killed Henryk he will be available to summon as an ally NPC in the Woods and Byrgenwerth if you want, if you have the Impurity rune equipped. He's very useful against Rom, he can stand a lot of punishment from the spiders. Also, his armor set became available to purchase after you killed him, and it has the best Bolt resistance in the game (good against Darkbeast Paarl for example).
BTW 2: Henryk is not the tough enemy I was talking about in the previous comment, that fight is still to come.

Shinnok789

Decoy_Snake

@Shinnok789 I liked his set so I'll probably pick it up next time I go to the HD, what area is the enemy in just so I can prepare 😄

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Shinnok789

@Decoy_Snake Go to The Grand Cathedral after you defeat Rom (it's the place where you killed Vicar Amelia) :--)
You have to walk there from the Cathedral Ward lamp though, the Grand Cathedral lamp won't function while he's there (just like it happened with Henryk and the Tomb of Odeon lamp)

Shinnok789

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic