Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,292

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy thank you bro.

@LieutenantFatman you can only veto games up sorry mate. Unless you want to move it into existing??? (don't do that lol)

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy I veto the Awakened Fate Ultimatum. Calling that game pointless is just a crime. I’m bumping that up to important. Maybe existed I would leave with some arguments, but pointless just invalidates all arguments there. I honesty thought I might veto that one the moment you mentioned vetos. Man, two thread vetos is so little.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 That looks pretty good actually. I just checked it out on YouTube.

Jaz uses the first of his 2 thread wide Vetos.

Awakened Fate Ultimatum moves up to Important.

Edited on by themcnoisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I think he should lose all the veto's - moving up a game by that many places - that's 1 per level...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy we all have the same power mate. Can't wait until Gundam Warriors 3 awakens.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I know - I was joking. That is quite a big jump up from pointless to important...

If they feel that strongly, then its one of their Veto's used... Hope it was worth it!

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

HallowMoonshadow

... I wish I joined up to PushSquare sooner... or even knew there was forums!

This thread in particular is quite interesting and such a massive undertaking... You're all mad, but it makes good reading too being sick as a dog ha ha

I look forward to seeing what happens you guys! ☺

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

leucocyte

@themcnoisy - how do the thread vetos work (seems like an odd name - maybe we should call them boosts or something. ). is it 2 for all 1442 games, or 2 per round?. i think battlefield bad company 2 should be moved up to very important, but if it's only 2 in total.. i don't want to blow one this early.

leucocyte

themcnoisy

@leucocyte it's 2 thread wide boost vetos for every game. I thought about this a lot. I didn't want to have so many everyone could fire off and change a decision every other round (such as you and bad company 2) but thought about it.

Edited on by themcnoisy

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy sorry you have to have been active before the thread started on the forums to join in as a team member I'm afraid (due to illegitimate votes in prior ranking cups). Feel free to chip in though.

HallowMoonshadow

That's fine, I understand themcnoisy (I have no idea how to do the tagging thing you did)

Long as Dark souls and Dragon's Dogma are rated highly you'll get no qualms from me! 😉

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy

TEAM VETO: I'd like Batman: Arkham Origins promoted to Very Important, so that it sits alongside the inferior Arkham City, please.

This should now mean that I have two of each veto remaining.

Apologies to my comrades from Team [404 - Team Name Not Found]. I did mention that I might do this and the more I think about it and listen to the soundtrack, the more I can't let it slide. It simply is the best Arkham game, in my opinion. Sorry.

Because I've pulled that trigger, I won't take any action on the unfortunate tagging of 007 Legends as Pointless; it should at least be Existing but, since I wouldn't even be able to lift it beyond Not Important and we've got so, so many other games that'll need my help along the way, I'm gonna sit on my hands for now. Is it the greatest game ever? No, not by a long shot, but it has so many elements which deserve recognition, like... no, I'm gonna stop typing now. Otherwise I'll talk myself into helping it.

Those bits aside, looking like a great start!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

leucocyte

@themcnoisy - if it's 2 per game, how does that relate to how many each individual gets? or does it require each game to get 2 boost vetos before it can be moved up? still a bit confused to be honest. or did you mean 2 vetos per person (and not per game)?.

leucocyte

Jaz007

@RogerRoger Dang man, you didn’t even mark it as very important when you had the chance. And if you really think it’s as important to gaming (not as good, but as important) as City, but dang man. That’ a big title for it’s overall effect on gaming. Your veto though.

Jaz007

Ralizah

@Jaz007 I appreciate your passion for The Awakened Fate Ultimatum. If I ever get a PS3 (or if it ever gets ported to anything else), I'll be sure to pick it up.

Unfortunately, it wasn't one of the games I picked to review, and I can't exactly debate the position of a game that I know absolutely nothing about.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@leucocyte per person. 3 team vetos and 2 thread wide Vetos. A team veto is to change your own team decision a thread wide veto is to change another teams decision. So you have 5 vetos altogether!

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Can you please explain the Veto situation. I too have held off using any - partly because I am not sure if the number of Veto's I have at my disposal is per round or for the entire 1442 games we are placing. If its 2 per round per person - in other words I can only use 2 veto's now if I choose and next round I will have 2 more to use if I need them.

This 2 per 'game' is confusing too, are you referring to the 'games', that it requires 2 veto's to move a single PS3 game up the list? Are you referring to the whole ranking thing we are all doing as a 'game' so its only 2 for the entire 1442 game placements? I know if I had 2 veto's per round, I would very much use them (Battlefield Bad Company 2 would certainly be higher) but if its only 2 for the 'entire' list, then I am far more reluctant to correct errors of judgement by other teams. Also, If they are limited to 2 per 'team' - not per person, who gets to say which veto's should be used and where? Not saying that anyone in my team doesn't have a voice but if they are 'team' veto's, then surely the 'whole' team has to be in agreement to use up one of the 'team's' veto. If we only have 2 per team for example, someone could use 'both' whilst the other members get NO veto's at all and may not agree with wasting a 'veto' on that 1 person's game.

So far, only 1 veto has been actioned (I Believe) but what if the remaining team members were not in agreement with that veto, see it as a waste considering there is still a very long way to go. If its 2 per person, whether that's per round or 2 for the whole thing, then its their own choice if they wish to waste their Veto this early, If its 2 per team, then surely the WHOLE team needs to be agreement over the use of a veto.

Point is, you really need to make it clear exactly how many veto's individual people have or whether the Veto's are per team, in which case ALL members of the team would need to be in agreement. You also need to make it clear as to whether the Veto's are per round or for the entire classification of the 1442 games. I assume there is likely to be another stage after this, ranking the Most Important in a certain order? Will that be the 'end' point for using up Veto's. If we hold onto Veto's because they are so restricted, can we then return to 'past' rounds at the end to use our Veto's that we were not inclined to use because they are so limited?

Can you please make it perfectly clear the number of veto's a person and/or team has, whether that's per round or for the entirety of this (using the word 'game' is perhaps not the right word when we are rating 'games'), whether we will have the opportunity to revisit older results we were reluctant to use a veto on so early if they are so limited. If its per team, then who gets to make that call - surely the Captain must and sort out a method of voting for their team to be in agreement first? If its per individual, then that's their choice...

Thank you

AdamNovice

I personally don't like the Veto system, not only have I found it a bit confusing it also threatens to undermine a team's work cos one person from another doesn't agree which can lead to awkward situations. At the end of the day it should just be for fun.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy individually you have 2 thread wide Vetos and 3 team vetos. This is for the whole thread.

@AdamNovice I didn't think the teams would work so well and I am considering changing veto system as it is just putting a fire to everyone's hard work. so it's only the 2 thread wide Vetos that everyone will have. I will probably announce that tomorrow!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.