Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 1,281 to 1,292 of 1,292

HallowMoonshadow

It's certainly been one hell of a ride... Especially cus I missed the first week or two when I joined up and that disapperance near the end of the initial placements.

Been fun and don't blame you one bit noisy on not wanting to do another for a long time lol

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Exceptional work, my friend. You’re an absolute legend.

This has been a gargantuan effort but well worth it for the accomplishment.

I haven’t been this relieved and yet sad at the end of a huge project in a long while. ....well, at least not since finishing Red Dead Redemption 2.... 😜

Good work and kudos to the whole team.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@themcnoisy Good work on seeing this through to the end. I imagine it was a ton of work.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

That's a cool list, well done everyone.
Thanks for making it happen @themcnoisy
I'm curious what the next mega list will be now.

Just realised I've played every game in the top 50, wooo! Although a few of them I didn't play for very long, haha.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman I've just counted up. I have played 74 out of the top 100! Not bad. Thanks for joining in buddy. There won't be any more megalists. Not unless it's one for ps4 in 5 or so years.

@Ralizah you are not wrong. Thanks for helping out Ralizah. Your work within the team at the start was amazing and if you didn't set up the spreadsheet I reckon we would still have hundreds of games still to rank. Thank you mate.

@Th3solution you too are a legend Sol. Thanks for all the assists with the team and for understanding what I meant when others were unsure. No idea how you understood some of my gobbledegook but I'm very appreciative that you did.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Frigate I've turned full tilt on that idea. Cheers frigate thanks for your help inside the team and your gaming knowledge.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've just been promoted, there's no way I could contemplate starting another poll like this. As frigate pointed out. I initially wanted to rate ever PS1 - PS4 games and rank them in order. There's just no way! Thanks for your help and Dragons Dogma got boosted a touch in the final list

leucocyte

@themcnoisy - well done, mate, stellar effort. is it really over? finally a poll with the right winner!

i've played all of the top 10 (though i didn't much like RDR, or Fallout 3, personally), and 17 of the top 20, 32 of the top 50, and 51 of the top 100.

i also played 4 of the bottom 10! you're welcome.

actually, this whole endeavour has highlighted for me, how much gaming has gone backwards in many regards this gen. looking through the top 50, there are a lot of different genres and different IPs represented. i've played only 53 games in total on PS4, less than 1/3 the number i played on PS3 - so if you decide to do this for PS4 in 2024, my contribution should take about 10 minutes.

BTW: nearly 107,000 hits - what's our cut of the advertising revenue?

Edited on by leucocyte

leucocyte

HallowMoonshadow

Holy moly all the ps1 to ps4 games would be the monster of all lists lol @themcnoisy ! Congrats on the promotion!

And I did happen to see that... Very nice indeed!

Also thanks to @Ralizah, @LieutenantFatman, @leucocyte, @ZeD for making me feel welcome to PushSquare. Go Team MTX!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

Ha ha well done @themcnoisy I dropped out fairly early on then briefly returned to try and steal some glory at the end. Full props to everyone who gave so much time and inputs. Looking at the list, this is a pretty balanced and well thoughtout set of games.

Of course, the next poll should be agreeing what the best Push Square poll has been...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

mookysam

Gosh, excellent job everyone, but especially @themcnoisy for organising such a Herculean task, getting us through vetogate and steering us all towards our goal. Cheers mate and good luck with your promotion!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Gremio108

Wow I completely missed that last part of voting but I don't think I would have changed anything. This list is absolutely rock solid. Very happy with Portal 2's placing.

@themcnoisy Well done for organising and indeed doing this. It's a great list. It's a testament to how good a machine the PS3 was (as well as being a testament to our immaculate gaming tastes)

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@leucocyte @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @mookysam @Gremio108 Thank you everyone for taking part. If anyone's fancy helping out on writing a book on this let me know. (like 1000 games to play before you die but specifically for ps3). We can make a start in a few weeks.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.