Untitled

Landscape: Uncharted 4:
Untitled

Character 2: AC 4: BlackFlag (PC)
Untitled

Links for ALL:
https://i.ibb.co/2NQmfbR/God-of-War-20210905202708.png
https://i.ibb.co/g7rj18j/God-of-War-20210917234244.png
https://i.ibb.co/3NPtG4r/Uncharted-4-A-Thief-s-End-2021012201...
https://i.ibb.co/5jCsQbV/Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-SP-Sc...

In-case if they could not be considered into the competition , still those are my first post for Snapshots here on pushsquare, Hip-hip-Hurray !!

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

Voltan

I went through this entire thread just now and whoa

Voltan

RogerRoger

@ishaajo840 I'm real sorry, but your entries weren't considered, as you posted them after the deadline. I think that they're fantastic shots, and I'm grateful to you for sharing them with us! I'll add your name to the competition's epic list of tags, so that you're given plenty of notice next year.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Thanks for your patience, everybody!

And huge thanks to @AdamNovice and @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy for helping out with the judging. This has been a phenomenal year, and picking three from each category has been incredibly tough. I'm real grateful to them for their efforts. For the record, we worked in isolation; there has been no collaboration or cross-checking of finalists. We're just championing the pictures we like the best, s'all.

Once again, I am very sorry if your shot isn't listed below. If you haven't made it, I really hope you'll still vote for your favourite finalist, and come back next year for another attempt!

Now it's time for the public vote!

Please pick your top three and assign them points as follows:

First Choice = 5 points
Second Choice = 3 points
Third Choice = 1 point

You have until 8pm (UK GMT) Monday 20 December 2021 to cast your votes.

Here are the finalists. I'm not gonna put usernames alongside each shot, as this isn't about voting for your favourite person; just look at the pictures.

1) "Endless Slumber" from Metro: Exodus
Untitled

2) "Chasing Stars" from Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Untitled

3) "Look At Me... I'm The Boss Now" from Returnal
Untitled

4) "Postcard to Norway" from Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Untitled

5) "The Fallen" from Code Vein
Untitled

6) "Practice, For There Is No Perfect" from Ghost of Tsushima
Untitled

7) "Magnetic Space Junk" from Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Untitled

8) "I'm From The Future" from Returnal
Untitled

9) "Did Someone Call Pest Control?" from Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Untitled

10) "Split Personality" from Gran Turismo: Sport
Untitled

Again, you have until 8pm (UK GMT) Monday 20 December 2021 to cast your votes... oh, and if you're cheeky enough to try and vote for yourself, go right ahead. We'll just shame the heck out of you!

Best of luck to all our finalists! Have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

1st Look at me...I'm the boss now
2nd Chasing stars
3rd Endless Slumber

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Jimmer-jammer

Brilliant entries!

1st - “Look at me…I’m the boss now”
2nd - “I’m from the future”
3rd - “Magnetic space junk”

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

HallowMoonshadow

You're welcome @RogerRoger, happy to help out!

I assume we'll give Sammy, ShogunRok and co a tag tomorrow that the voting's now started?

Not to mention another group tag to get everyone involved on the voting?

"Landscapes" didn't have anywhere near as many entries compared to "Character" but I could've easily put through a top ten with all your wonderful pictures!

In fact if you don't mind indulging me folks I'd like to give a few nods to some of the Landscape shots that unfortunately didn't make it through!

Honourable Mentions

• I really loved your shot "Evening Reflections" from FF7:R @Th3solution and your Dear Ester shot was really something too.
  • Same with your Returnal shot @Thrillho "All Alone". Your shots are always a joy to see in the competition and you certainly didn't make judging any easier!
  • @LivewireCLS your Plague Tale shot "Showdown At The Cathedral" really grabbed me and was so close to making the top 3.
  • "Plain of High Heaven" was easily the best Ghost shot of the entire lot @Tomato_Goose in my personal opinion and was wonderful. Again a real shame I could only put 3 forward!
  • @Gremio108... You always do some incredcible shots for this every year just like Thrillho and it's a shame I couldn't put your Red Dead shot "Midnight Cowboy" in! (Honestly I thought your Senua action shot was a shoo-in!)
  • -EDIT- Your stunning shot "Chairalium" was quite the contender as well @XOF for the landscapes! You certainly didn't make it easy!
  • and finally @TowaHerschel7 for what was from a 3DS game that was then ported to Switch... Major kudos for your Monster Hunter Ultimate shot! 😄

Honestly everyone who took part and submitted shots did fantastic work and it's been a joy for the last 3 years just participating in this and seeing all the stellar shots

... Yet alone having to sub in this year as a Judge!

You should all be very proud of what you did! We'd be here all day if I kept singing praises for all the entrants!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

XOF

Awesome as ever! Some of these shots are definitely wallpaper-worthy, haha.

1st - "I'm From Future" - Returnal
2nd - "Endless Slumber" - Metro Exodus
3rd - "Magnetic Space Junk" - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

sorteddan

Fantastic pics peeps, well done everyone.

For me:
1. Look at me, I'm the boss now.
2. Practice, for there is no perfect.
3. The fallen.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies I was a bit tired last and I forgot to mention in my honourable mentions that your stunning shot "Chairalium" was quite the contender as well @XOF for the landscapes! You certainly didn't make it easy! 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

XOF

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy haha thanks, and I'm glad the shot was worthy enough lol.
Once again, thanks for planning and going through with this every year. It's always a pleasure. Love seeing all the passion everyone pours in their shots!

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Iver Thanks for the commendation!

Some really great shots all around but here go my votes:

The Fallen - 5 pts
Look at Me, I’m the Boss Now - 3 pts
Split Personality - 1 pt

Well done to all the participants!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks again for judging, and real interesting to see your honourable mentions, given that I had to cast an eye over all submissions for the wild card. In case it wasn't obvious by now, you and I definitely appear to have similar tastes when it comes to screenshots!

I reckon the topic will be visible enough over the weekend, so I'm not gonna tag anybody just yet, but if we get to Monday morning and there are still notable absentees, I'll give 'em a shout. Cheers!

@Iver Thanks for the category suggestion! Last year we had a couple of calls for a "Comedy" category or something like it, as well, and I just ran out of time to implement it this time around.

Which is a shame, because now I've no idea what to do with this.

Untitled

Anyway, will absolutely come up with new categories for next year. Might even announce 'em at the end of this contest, so that y'all have a chance to keep 'em in mind going forward.

Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

@RogerRoger Should we notify everyone tomorrow on the thread that voting is open, a few might have missed it?

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Iver Thank you for the mentions guys. The midnight cowboy pic was taken with Red Dead's new photo mode, which is essentially a proper photo mode, allowing for complete freedom of movement, unlike the original version which involved your character setting up an old-timey camera and standing in front of it, limiting the screenshot potential massively in Rockstar's unflinching (and occasionally annoying) quest to make Red Dead as realistic as possible. Anyway, this new photo mode opens up all sorts of possibilities for taking snaps and might warrant another playthrough next year. A lot of players who haven't touched the game in a while may not even know about it.

At the end of the day I'm quite happy not having any shots in the final bunch, since I've won it before, in the first ever Push Square Screenshot Comp, a fact which intend to dine out on for the rest of my time on this earth to anyone who will listen. As a result, I'm happy to simply vote for other people's pics without having to secretly hope that mine win. Which brings me on to my choices. I've been reading a lot of art critique books in preparation for this, so I'm going to try and imitate their approach when giving my reasons.

1. "Look at Me, I'm the Boss Now" - This screenshot is fantastic. When I stepped into @RogerRoger 's Push Square Art Gallery yesterday and viewed this piece for the first time, I felt a sense of arousal so intense I had to be removed from the building.

2. "Split Personality" - I don't really understand how this screenshot was done, which gives it an extra air of excitement, like watching a film I didn't get, but knew it was good. Of course, when I was in Roger's art gallery, I pretended to know what it all meant, and told him something about the futility of mankind's attempts to master technology. I think he bought it.

3. "Endless Slumber" - There is an underlying sense of tragedy to this piece, and when I viewed it in the gallery I cried so much that Curator Roger himself asked if it would be better if I left the building, for the second time that day, as I was unnerving the other guests. Happily, I managed to steal some of the little sandwiches that Foxy and @AdamNovice were carrying round on a silver tray, and I ate them in the gutter outside as I wept. Who's laughing now, eh?

As ever, excellent effort from everyone involved and massive kudos to Roger and his co-judges for taking time out at this busy part of the year, to organise this contest for us all to enjoy. Thanks guys!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Um... yeah, so I was alone at home all day yesterday? Not sure who this mystery gallery owner was, buying your nonsense about deeper meaning and repeatedly throwing you out. I reckon you've been had there, buddy. Might wanna check what was in those sandwiches!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger
Voltan

Here's my votes!

5p: Magnetic Space Junk
3p: I'm from the future
1p: Look at me, I'm the boss now

I wish I could name 5 and give them all first place though!

Voltan

ApostateMage

1st - "Look At Me... I'm The Boss Now" (5pts)
2nd - "I'm From The Future" (3pts)
3rd - "Split Personality" (1pt)

Great shots all round, well played everybody and good luck to the finalists.
Great job as always from the man with the master plan, @RogerRoger.

Merry Christmas all!

ApostateMage

Perturbator

Damn, these are some great shots. My picks:

5 points: Chasing Stars
3 points: I'm From the Future
1 point: The Fallen

Perturbator

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.