Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER - The 2021 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 21 to 40 of 130

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Just wanted to thank you for your comment on the front page story about this competition, buddy. It was real kind of you to say!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jackpaza0508

Three shots

Character
"A (robot) pirate's life for me!"
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Untitled

Landscape
"Out of order?"
Untitled

Action
"Rift tether, away!"
Untitled

Character
"Taking flight"
Untitled
R&C was my GOTY this year, you can tell from the amount of pictures I took. There were so many I could've picked but these four were my absolute favourites.

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
All good mate.
I imagine it takes time, effort and most importantly commitment to run and organise things like this. Hopefully the article will direct a bunch of newcomers to the forum sections.
If so then they should know that you are the resident good guy and one of the contributors who help make this place what it is.

And it's a shame but I literally never use photo features in games, unless a trophy requirement makes me do so!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

hypnotoad

They're all brilliant.

applauds

hypnotoad

Bamila

I have so many good pictures, but bit lazy to get them from ps5 to usb and then from usb to here.

Bamila

ShogunRok

Great competition and incredible organisation as always. More than happy to submit a few of my own shots this year (9GB of my PS5 SSD is shares!).

Landscape
A Trip to Iki Island
Ghost of Tsushima
Untitled

Landscape
Peace by the Lake
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Untitled

Landscape
Space Marble
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Untitled

Landscape
Castle on the Cliff
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Untitled

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Deadlyblack

Landscape
A Snowy Entrance
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Untitled

Landscape
Magnetic Space Junk
Untitled

Landscape
The Lone Wanderer
Ghost of Tsushima
Untitled

Landscape
Wings On the Open Sea
Immortals: Fenyx Rising
Untitled

Edited on by Deadlyblack

Deadlyblack

PSN: Deadlyblack | Twitter:

amersga

Landscape
"Cavern Escape"
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Untitled

Landscape
"Volcane"
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Untitled

Character
"A Silver Lining"
The Last of Us
Untitled

Character
"Thor Be Damned"
God of War
Untitled

Edited on by amersga

amersga

amersga

I can't figure out what I did wrong. I followed the steps, but the pictures won't load! Any help from the mods would be appreciated!

amersga

nomither6

@amersga make sure to use brackets '' [ '' instead of parenthesis . If you uploaded the pictures to an image sharing site , you have to open the picture in a new tab , i.e. get the exact direct link of the picture .

OR

just edit your current post , by putting '' .jpeg '' at the end of each pictures link .

[ img ] directpictureurl .jpeg [ /img ] (no spaces though)

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

amersga

@nomither6 thanks for the help! I had the brackets in there, so that was good. I tried the .jpeg extension but still no dice! :-/

amersga

Thrillho

@amersga Try uploading to imgbb instead. No account needed and you can set the images to autodelete if you want.

Personally, I have a throwaway Twitter account just for uploading screenshots but I know not everyone wants an account.

Thrillho

amersga

@Thrillho Thanks for your advice. I ended up going with another image uploading site and it worked. Must have been something with the other one(?). Anyways, thanks again!

amersga

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Thank you, that's real generous of you to say! This feels like a disproportionate reply, but what you wrote means a bunch, and really made me smile. I'm just trying to live up to the legacy left by @themcnoisy who was a freakin' hero when it came to forum polls and contests.

@Bamila No pressure but, if the ol' USB shuffle is a bit much, you can always send me your screenshots in a PSN message, and I'll get 'em posted on here before the deadline.

@amersga Yeah, I'm being prompted to sign in to Amazon to see your shots. I didn't even know Amazon provided an image-hosting service! If you're not comfortable using ImgBB or any of the other free alternatives, I'll repeat the "please send them to my PSN account" advice given above. I'm sorry for all this trouble, and am grateful for your repeated attempts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@amersga Oh, I can see them now! Never mind, then!

Thanks for playing, and to @nomither6 and @Thrillho for helping you out back there!

Making It So Since 1987

amersga

@RogerRoger Yeah, lesson learned there (went with another free image-hosting service). Thanks!

amersga

RogerRoger

Posting on behalf of @themcnoisy here.

Untitled
Landscape: "A Cosy Place" from Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Untitled
Character: "Only the Essentials" from Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Untitled
Character: "Shots and the Aftermath" from Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

Would love to but I don't see the point in taking screenshots in games I play. I write that after checking out all of these and seeing how good they look! Also, I loved taking screenshots in Mario Odyssey! So maybe I should get into it :')

Also, I have only really been playing Pillars of Eternity 2, Diablo 2 and Neir Replicant this year.

Keep the great entries coming though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

XOF

Great! I love the screenshot of the year contest. Some amazing shots have been uploaded so far, this time of the year is an awesome opportunity to hoard some great wallpapers! XD
Before I start writing an essay, allow me to upload some of mine, haha.

Character
"Porter"
Death Stranding
Untitled

Landscape
"Chairalium"
Death Stranding
Untitled

Character
"Kawaii"
Horizon Zero Dawn
Untitled

Character
"Potato"
The Last of Us Part II
Untitled

Sorry if this year's shots aren't as good as last year, I spent this year practically replaying my favorite games all over again lol. There was a shortage of 2021 screenshots. Thanks for tagging me for this year too, by the way. Can never thank the judges enough for the sheer effort they put into organizing this every year. You guys are doing god's work out here.
Thank you.

Edited on by XOF

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.