Forums

Topic: Pushsquare Screenshot of the year 2019

Posts 1 to 20 of 307

themcnoisy

Introducing the Push Square Screenshot of the year 2019.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Will boot up my PS4 later today. Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

The end of 2019 is almost here. The end of an era, well the terrible teensies at least. We are almost in the future people!

To celebrate we need your gaming screen grabs of 2019.

Now comes the Cool bit. There's a new community on the ps4 titled 'Push Square Screenshot of the Year 2019' its only open to Pushsquare users and readers. It's here the screen shots need to be entered. Feel free to join In and don't forget if your psn ID is different let us know who you are!

The main event will kick off later in the month. We had some fantastic screen grabs last year with some absolute legends taking away the gongs. Join the community if you get chance.

After performing an outstanding job last year @Neolit will be our top judge, judge dredd if you will with 2020 fast approaching, in the official Push Square screenshot of the year 2019 awards. He did that good a job Neo has been made permanent employee / hostage. Unlike last year we will be having a vote off with Neo, Rog and myself voting on the entrees to whittle them down initially with the top 10 hopefully going into an article for full voting if that's okay @get2sammyb

It was a great thread last year let's see if we can make 2019s even better!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Kidfried

Yea, I think I might have made some top tier screenshots this year. My entries might be better than last year, in which I peaked at #7.

So can't wait.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

ApostateMage

Hurry Respawn, we need that photo mode for Star Wars pronto!

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@Kidfried @ApostateMage thanks for joining in again!

RogerRoger

@ApostateMage That's just what I was about to say!

@themcnoisy Honoured to be considered for a judging role, thank you! Just to confirm, that means I'm not submitting any screencaps, yeah? Or can I submit, just not vote for my own images?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Sweet!

@themcnoisy
To clarify - can I enter stuff that's already been on our screenshot thread?

Also, I've no idea how the 'community' stuff via the PS4 itself works, because I'm a misanthrope! Do we post from the PS4?

(Cue me panicking in the realisation that I deleted a ton of stuff from the PS4)

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79 Ah - that's good to know!

I'll have a peek at what I still have on the PS4.

I'll look at the Community thing too.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

AdamNovice

Awesome glad we're doing this again. Though sadly I won't have too many entries this year due to lack of photo modes in first playthrough (damn you Days Gone and Death Stranding)

AdamNovice

Twitter:

WanderingBullet

Must the game's character(s) be present in the photo or are scenery shots acceptable?

@AdamNovice Maybe there should be two categories, games with and games without photo mode.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

DerMeister

I kinda want another crack at it, considering I didn't make the list last year.

Of course, there'll need to be non-2019 games in there, since only two games I played from this year had photo modes.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@Neolit Agreed with your initial thoughts; not many of this year's big releases have Photo Modes (not yet, anyway) so many of the screencaps I've taken and seen others taken have come from older games. Besides, many people wait for sales and play things late nowadays anyway. I thought your guidelines and example shots from last year were excellent, by the way!

If it isn't too forward of me, I'd directly answer @KALofKRYPTON with "yes, absolutely submit things you've posted in the forum screenshot topic" and @WanderingBullet with "yes, scenery or landscape shots are totally valid for entry" (but wait for official confirmation, guys).

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Also, I think this might go without saying, but it's a contest for PlayStation4 or PlayStation4 Pro screenshots only, right? I've seen some excellent captures from PC, Switch and XboxONE posted in our topic this year, but PushSquare is a Sony-centric site!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

"Community on the PS4?"

No idea what means. I'll have to do some research.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet Any and all!

@DerMeister let's get you in the final 10 this time bro!

@Neolit Thank you, we will run with 3!

@RogerRoger good question Rog, only grabs from the PS4 will be counted.

@Ralizah I will invite you. Its in the communities tab.

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON great to have you on board sir.

@AdamNovice Agreed. I have taken some pretty swanky shots from DS. Icons bloomin everywhere!

HallowMoonshadow

I'll take a crack at this too...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

themcnoisy wrote:

@RogerRoger good question Rog, only grabs from the PS4 will be counted.

But I've got a really beautiful screenshot of Black Ops Declassified...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.