Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER! - The 2022 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 61 to 80 of 183

HallowMoonshadow

I have to keep my fans happy somehow @JohnnyShoulder!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets No apology necessary, buddy. I'm sorry if my tags came across as pestering, and am real grateful for you confirming one way or another. It's a shame you can't judge, but I hope you'll be able to submit a few shots for consideration (although again, no pressure).
Hope this finds you well and that you're being kept busy with good things!

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks! It's totally your call; pick either Dynamic or Comedic as and when, even if it's the moment the deadline hits. I'll then give my non-forum friend a choice of what's left, and pick up the slack myself. Since she and I aren't submitting shots, it'll be easier that way!

Excellent entries as always, by the way! I know you didn't get along with Ghost of Tsushima but I reckon that first screenshot must've made it all worthwhile!

@JudgeDredd Wow, great entries! Thank you! I think you're the first person to ever submit a shot of another forum member, so special shout-out for that!

Apologies for any confusion, though, but 'Wildcard' isn't a submission category. The competition's wild card will be a random bonus shot, chosen from any category, to round up a tenth finalist. Can you edit your post to assign Lara to either Dynamic, Artistic or Comedic, please?

KAIRU wrote:

EDIT: Hey, @RogerRoger, could you have a look at my second entry and tell me which category suits it better? I was thinking of changing it to the Artistic category but unsure it would fit.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but a competition judge giving specific submission guidance to a single shot could be perceived as bias. I'm sorry, but it really is up to each individual to decide what they want their shots to stand for, and therefore how they want 'em to be judged.

Yeesh, I sound so formal for what is just a bit of community fun! We've had all sorts of folks approach this in all sorts of ways before, s'all. I don't wanna upset anybody!

Rest assured, your shots are all superb and, with the wild card option, anything that doesn't specifically fit in its category could still end up a finalist anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@JudgeDredd That must be the first time an entry has featured a user that isn’t the person who took the shot!

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Oh shoot you aren't submitting anything @RogerRoger? Fair enough guess I mithering over nothing then! I'll make sure to give it some deep thought then on what to judge!

Question... We've only had 2 Comedic shots so far. What happens if they're the only shots we get Rog? 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah, I'm far too insecure to submit anything this year. I'm much more comfortable providing a platform to champion everybody else's excellent work!

If we only get two or three Comedic shots, then they'll all go forward automatically. If there's a shortfall then I'll pick an extra wild card from the other two categories, or we'll have four finalists from each. Best to keep that possibility in mind, and rank a couple extra shots when you're judging!

Submissions are usually spread out across the window, though. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who got the nod on Thursday and are busy snapping stuff this weekend, special.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

MB81

Amazing screenshots, too many to tag everyone. It really is incredible what modern games are capable of. Bravo!

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah. Game + DLC for $20 seemed like a hard deal to beat. It is, indeed, an exceptionally gorgeous game from the little I've seen. Very attractive stylized realism.

Sorry to hear you didn't get on with it. I'm hoping to like it as well. Only other game I've played from this dev is Infamous First Light, which was... fine. I liked it well enough. I'm hoping this one really wins me over.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Throb

Submission 1:

• Artistic
  • "Triumph in the face of adversity"
  • Elden Ring
    Untitled

Submission 2:

• Comedic
  • "Get your steps in, push through the pain"
  • Horizon Forbidden West
    Untitled

Submission 3:

• Artistic
  • "Grief, exhaustion but hope"
  • Horizon Forbidden West
    Untitled

Submission 4:

• Artistic
  • "Reflecting on the small things"
  • Horizon Forbidden West
    Untitled

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

r4r3Un1c0rn

This is my first time doing one of these competitions. So. Here. We. Go!

Dynamic
Falling with style
Spider-man: Miles Morales (PS5)
Untitled

Artistic
Into the Sunset
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Untitled

Artistic
Empire
Spider-man Remastered (PS5)
Untitled

Artistic
Cloudy Days
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Untitled

r4r3Un1c0rn

RogerRoger

Thanks to @Throb and further thanks (as well as a welcome) to @r4r3Un1c0rn up there! Feels like I end up typing this every year, but the quality of submissions is better than ever!

Making It So Since 1987

MB81

@r4r3Un1c0rn Into the sunset is just amazing! I take it that’s gameplay?
I just went to the Studio Ghibli museum a few weeks back. They have an exhibit replicating the animators’ studio from the 80s. They used an 8mm projector showing a horse in motion to painstakingly animate a horse’s movements. It really is incredible how realistic the horses look in Red Dead Redemption 2.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I've switched out one of my photos, just a heads up!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Duly noted, thanks!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

There's only a few days left of the competition so if you haven't posted anything yet make sure to do so!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger am I allowed to rotate a picture before submission? Everything else about the picture was taken in game but obviously I can't take a portrait photo on a widescreen. Seems like a small thing but I thought I'd ask because I am not sure if rotating a picture could be considered to be meddling with effects not included in the game software.

I'll submit it anyway but let me know and I'll swap it out it it breaks any rules

See ya!

ralphdibny

I probably could have submitted pictures entirely taken in Mass Effect as it was my most screenshotted game this year. - seems like I have ended up doing just that 😅

Unfortunately I didn't take many comedic shots like I normally do but I will at least open up with one....

Category: Comedic
Title: Staring into the Abyss
Game: Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Untitled

Category: Artistic
Title: MAKO Madness

Untitled

Title: Mother of Dragons

Untitled

Title: MAKO Madness II

Untitled

I was really on the fence about that last one. I have some shots of my Mass Effect power couple that I absolutely love but I am not sure if my Shepherd's relationships would mean as much to anyone else. I may post the rest in the screenshots thread at some point.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

the_pathos

Sunset on the Beach - Horizon Forbidden West - Artistic

Untitled

Grapple - Horizon Forbidden West - Dynamic

Untitled

Whyyyyy?!? - The Last of Us Part I - Comedic

Untitled

Batter Up! - The Last of Us Part I - Dynamic

Untitled

the_pathos

PSN: the_pathos_ka

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks for posting that reminder up there.

@ralphdibny Sorry for the delay but yeah, you're all good with what you've submitted. Last year's winner rotated their screenshot to portrait in the same way. You're still using the in-game Photo Mode (and using it cleverly, I might add) to create your shot, so it's valid.

I'd also accept anybody who wanted to crop out a frame; for example, if you took this...

Untitled

...you'd be okay to submit this...

Untitled

...because you're still submitting 100% of the in-game image you captured. Of course, some folks like the effect black bars or other frames add, so it's totally up to individual preference.

Thanks to @ralphdibny and @the_pathos for those latest excellent submissions!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Just thought I'd give both both @Th3solution & @Gremio108 a tag seeing as you've expressed interest but haven't submitted anything yet!

No pressure of course if you're too busy or have changed your mind about doing so but just a friendly reminder as the competition is closing in a few days! 😄

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks for the reminder. I still plan to submit, but I haven’t had the time to peruse my shots yet. Hopefully life doesn’t get in the way, but it might end up being a last minute decision. 😄 Likely I’ll send them directly to @RogerRoger like I have before, since I’m not good with the whole USB transfer process and I refuse to give Twitter 2 seconds of my time and mental energy. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic