Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER! - The 2022 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 41 to 60 of 183

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Most kind, buddy! Am real glad to see that you're gonna be able to take part; as a former finalist, I'm sure you'll be submitting some stellar shots!

@evildave333 @Clankylad @KAIRU Huge thanks for your early entries, folks! You've set the bar real high this year, which is incredible! Those are some jaw-dropping shots!

Clanky, would you mind giving titles to your pair of pictures, please? Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CuteBoyMnM

I'll be honest, I am extremely terrified to be apart of this contest but I'm glad I can at least try amongst some of the truly awe-inspiring screenshots from everyone here.

"The Girl, The Bat and The Quinn" - Gotham Knights (PS5)
Dynamic
Untitled

"Daughter Vs. Father" - Nioh 2 (PS5)
Dynamic
Untitled

"A Valkyrie and Her Dragon" - Demon Souls (PS5)
Dynamic
Untitled

"Nathan Drake: Fightin' Round the World" - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5)
Dynamic
Untitled

Edited on by CuteBoyMnM

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

Th3solution

@RogerRoger A couple of my favorite shots are slightly spoilery… I’m torn as to whether to submit them. Is there a RogerRoger policy? 😅 I don’t remember seeing anything official in the instructions, so I’ll assume it’s user discretion. I’ll probably err on the side of not sharing them.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

Thru Hell
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Artistic

Untitled

Face-Off
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Dynamic

Untitled

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

Anatomically Correct Spider-Man
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
Comedic
Untitled

Apocalypse Now
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Artistic
Untitled

Purple Rain
Batman: Arkham Knight
Artistic
Untitled

The English Riviera
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Artistic
Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@Ralizah I think “Face Off” is the same boss fight that won me the title a few years ago

@Th3solution User discretion advised! I submitted a TLOU2 shot one year near the end of the game and people got very annoyed at something I didn’t even consider a spoiler; I’m hoping not to see too many HFW or GOW:R shots as I know nothing about the games and still have them to play.

Thrillho

Ralizah

@Thrillho It's an intensely moody fight. I was thrilled that I paused it at the exact moment Senua recovered from a stumble and was in a position where she was face-to-face with the thing.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I was this close to writing some spoiler guidance into the Hints & Tips, but I think it's best to leave it up to individuals to decide. If you've taken one incredible shot this year, and it just happens to be from the final boss of a new game, then I'd hate to tell you that it's not welcome. I'd like to think that people are smart enough to see a screenshot competition and, if they're wary of spoilers, tread carefully.

The only reason I'm saying that, however, is because I know that 90% of the regulars around here are kind and thoughtful folk, and you've just proven that by asking. Thank you!

I agree with @Thrillho and would just give a generic "user discretion advised" towards spoilers.

Huge thanks to @CuteBoyMnM @Ralizah and @nessisonett for those awesome submissions! Blimey, first day and I'm already torn between some of these shots! Excellent work!

@Clankylad Thanks for going back and adding titles to your shots! Helps a lot!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m not sure if the full size image is being shown through here so I’ve included the link to the ImgBB original by clicking the image just in case!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Appreciate it! They do appear small on the page, but I've been opening everybody's images in a new tab to get a proper look-see anyway, so noticed they were clickable.

You're the runaway winner of the Comedy category thusfar! That shot really made me laugh! Spidey is a great game for funny shots. Reminds me of when I strategically positioned Miles over one of the fragrance ads in Time's Square. Those wall-crawlers get everywhere!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh I'm finally back @RogerRoger!

Have we got a third judge lined up yet & are we allowed to submit shots like before? 😄

There's some terrific shots already that I've got my eyes on!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Looking forward to seeing what you've got for us, buddy!

@HallowMoonshadow Of course yes, please do submit your own shots! That's why we have categories, so that each judge can still take part. Let me know which category you'd like to judge, by the way. I won't randomise it this time, so that you can put your best shots forward.

I haven't heard back from @BearsEatBeets yet, but there's no pressure from me. Looks like they haven't been around for a couple weeks anyway. If they're not available, I have a non-forum friend who's offered to help be a third judge. She's an artist and graphic designer who revels in Photo Modes, so she has an impeccable eye, and her external perspective will quash previous years' suggestions of forum favouritism. Again, she'll only step in if Bears isn't available!

Great to have you back, best of luck, and let me know your preferred category whenever suits!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Oh it's good you have a replacement third judge lined up @RogerRoger just in case Bears doesn't reply! I was gonna feel bad if either of us had to judge two categories!

I don't have many screenshots (especially ones that are particularly good) but the ones I have scrounged up can be put into a single group (Artistic) so I can't judge that.

I don't mind Comedic or Dynamic otherwise. Whichever no one else wants! I'd much prefer you, Bears or your non forum friend get to judge or be able to submit shots to a topic they like!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

One With The Blade
Artistic
Ghost Of Tsushima (PS4)

Untitled

Mongolian Hospitality
Artistic
Ghost Of Tsushima (PS4)

Untitled

Fancy Schmancy, Fartsy Artsy
Artistic
Ghost Of Tsushima (PS4)

Untitled

A Prayer For What We've Lost
Artistic
Code Vein (... Yes I did boot this up purely to take a screenshot because I love this game's photomode and I only had 3 shots worth sharing otherwise )

Untitled

And yes I did have to continue the trend of one of my photos having a stupidly silly name too because why the hell not? All the other titles of mine are pretentious as flip

BearsEatBeets

Hey @RogerRoger, sorry I'm late getting back but it's not something I can really commit to. Thankfully it sounds like you have someone lined up. Well done on setting it up, it will be interesting to see what people come up with this year.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

HallowMoonshadow

Just had to say I think your Thru Hell shot from Hellblade is absolutely stunning @Ralizah!

Thank you very much @evildave333! I am quite proud of that shot!

I uhh... Didn't actually get along with Ghost Of Tsushima very well myself! Mainly due to me personally finding the control scheme rather awkward. I seem to be the only person to think that though so I'm sure you'll find it just fine when you get to it 😄

Your "Peregrine Sunset Isle of Skye" is a rather stunning shot I must say!

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks! I'm not always a huge fan of strong filters like this, but I thought the effect turned out rather nice.

By the way, I'm a big fan of "One With The Blade." The dynamic pose and bold color contrasts make it an extremely striking snap.

HallowMoonshadow

Could you tag what games your pics are from @JudgeDredd? Well the first 3 are obviously GT7 but I've no idea what the 4th is!

You bought Ghost recently right @Ralizah If I recall correctly? I'm sure you'll be able to take a lot of nice shots yourself (The area where I took "One with the Blade" is only a few hours in) as it is an exceedingly pretty game. I just hope you get along with it better then I did! 😄

KAIRU wrote:

The glare coming off the upper end of the katana is glorious

Heh I just whacked the sword glint up to full for that

KAIRU wrote:

I also never expected Code Vein to look as gorgeous as it does there!

It looks fine enough normally but you can do some really nice stuff with the filters. I came 4th last year in the comp Kairu with a Code Vein shot that I was quite proud of. I can put some older pics I took of the game up in the screenshot thread if you want? 😄

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU It wouldn't feel right if there wasn't at least one @HallowMoonshadow shot with lens flare!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic