The Ubisoft team behind the fantastic Assassin's Creed Odyssey are working on a brand new title called Gods & Monsters. Its reveal trailer didn't really show us much, but now previews of the game are starting to come out of E3. In particular, Game Informer has written about Gods & Monsters in some detail, confirming that it's an open world action adventure title.
We've broken down the main points below.
- You make your own custom character (male or female), named Fenyx
- Gods & Monsters uses established open world engine tech from Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Story is told through the words of Greek poet Homer
- Gameplay is a mix of open world exploration, environment traversal, action-based combat, and puzzle-solving
- Game Informer compares Gods & Monsters to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the way it lets you freely explore
- The open world seems quite vast
- There is a stamina system similar to the one in Breath of the Wild
- There's a lot of jumping and climbing in order to reach specific areas
- Fenyx has special abilities, such as telekinesis
Does sound pretty good, doesn't it? Gods & Monsters already has a release date, by the way: the 25th February 2020. Are you looking forward to seeing more? Become a legendary hero in the comments section below.