How do you achieve all of the endings in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? There are four possible endings to experience in Sekiro, depending on choices you make and your actions in the game's final few hours. You'll need to find all four conclusions if you're to take the Platinum PS4 trophy -- but how do you get each one? Below, we'll be going through all the steps needed for each ending. Naturally, this guide contains some pretty big spoilers.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - How to get all the endings
In this guide, we'll explain how to achieve each of the four endings in Sekiro.
Each of the endings hinges on a choice made after you've defeated the Guardian Ape and the purple Corrupted Monk in the Ashina Depths area. After you've done this, return to Ashina Castle where Great Shinobi Owl is waiting for you at the top. Speak to him and you'll be presented with two choices: you can either obey him, or stay loyal to Kuro. This is when the endings splinter off.
This is the simplest ending to unlock. Obey Owl when presented with the aforementioned choice. You'll then face off against two bosses: Emma, the Gentle Blade and Isshin Ashina. Defeat them both, and you'll have reached the Shura ending, and earned the relevant PS4 trophy.
The rest of the endings take a bit more work. Firstly, choose to stay loyal to Kuro, which will trigger a boss fight against Owl. Then:
- Head over to Isshin's tower to the right and eavesdrop on him and Emma.
- Eavesdrop on Kuro in his room in the main tower.
- Rest at the Sculptor's Idol and speak to Emma. Agree with her.
- Rest again, and speak to Emma once more.
- Travel to the Old Grave Sculptor's Idol, turn right and speak to Emma yet again.
- Go to Sculptor Place and eavesdrop from behind the building.
- Speak to Emma and she'll give you a bell. Pray at the Buddha statue to go back to Hirata Estate.
- Head to the room where you fought Lady Butterfly.
- Defeat Owl once again.
- Continue with the story. After defeating Sword Saint Isshin Ashina, give Kuro the Divine Tears and Everblossom.
3. Immortal Severance
Follow all the steps for the Purification ending. After you beat Sword Saint Isshin Ashina, give Kuro the Divine Tears only.
Choose to obey Kuro, and defeat Owl. After this, you'll need to do a number of things before you fight the Divine Dragon in Fountainhead Palace.
- You first need to find the item Holy Chapter: Infested. There are two ways to get it, depending on when you play through the Senpou Temple area. If you complete it before fighting Genichiro Ashina, you can talk to a monk who will give you the item. If you complete it after the aforementioned boss fight, you'll be able to find the item at the bottom of the lake near the Temple Grounds Sculptor's Idol. For this, you'll need Mibu Breathing Technique to reach it.
- After you've beaten the Folding Screen Monkeys, you'll meet Divine Child of Rejuvenation in the Inner Sanctum. She'll give you Rice. You can either eat this yourself, or give it to the old woman who speaks of rice earlier in the Senpou Temple area. Repeat this process. She'll become sick and ask for a Persimmon. Give her one and ask her for more Rice. She'll give you Rice for Kuro, which you'll need to give to Kuro.
- Give Kuro his Rice and he'll give you a Rice Ball. Eat it.
- Return to the Divine Child of Rejuvenation once again and she should disappear off to the Halls of Illusions area. Follow her there and she'll speak of another tome called Holy Chapter: Dragon's Return. You can find this in the cave near the Main Hall Sculptor's Idol.
- The Divine Child will then want the two Great Serpent key items: Fresh Serpent Viscera and Dried Serpent Viscera. Click here to learn how to get these.
- Give her these and she'll give you Frozen Tears key item.
- After defeating the final boss, give Kuro the Frozen Tears to achieve the Return ending.