BioWare has detailed Mass Effect: Andromeda's next patch. Update 1.08 doesn't contain the biggest list of fixes that we've ever seen, but there may be a few points of interest for those still playing the game.
The headline here is that the patch allows for Angaran squadmate Jaal to be romanced by male Ryder. Previously, Jaal was only a romance option for female Ryder, so the developer's fulfilled its promise of expanding upon male Ryder's potential love interests.
The other most prominent change comes in the form of better character creation tools. We're not sure how far this additional stuff goes, but again, BioWare said that it was going to build upon the existing system, and it looks like it has done. Hopefully character creation isn't quite so limited now.
Anyway, you can find the full patch notes below.
Mass Effect: Andromeda patch 1.08 notes
- Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
- Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
- Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
- Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder
- Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
- Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
- Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
- Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
- Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
- Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
- Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
- Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
- Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
- Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
- Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
- Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
- Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
- Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
- Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
- Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
- The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
- Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
- Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
- Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
- Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
- Added “Lights” option to customization options
Is there anything here that you're particularly happy to see? Are you even still playing Andromeda? Tell us what else needs fixing in the comments section below.