There’s only one thing Crash Bandicoot likes more than Wumpa fruit: Gems – of the White or Colored variety. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy plays host to a wealth of different jewels, many of which task you with completing various unique trials and tribulations in order to snatch them up. Each game in the series is designed with replayability in mind, so it’s worth noting that you’ll need to backtrack often in order to gather up every single Gjem that the trilogy has to offer. Key to this are the Coloured Gems, which will unlock secret pathways in many stages. If you’re missing a Colored Gem, then you’ll often see its outline in the level itself.
How to Get All White Gems in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Collecting the White Gems in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy sounds straightforward enough: you just need to break all of the crates on each stage. Unfortunately, it isn’t quite as easy as it sounds, as there are often hidden routes – sometimes locked behind Coloured Gems and keys – that you’ll need to utilise in order to find all of the pesky wooden blocks.
Our advice to getting all the White Gems in all three games is to be patient: learn the layout of the levels and don’t obsess over getting everything first time – you’ll have an opportunity to go back. Remember that you’ll need to bounce on top of some crates like Super Mario in order to reach others, so don’t always go in gung-ho with your spin attack.
How to Get All Colored Gems in Crash Bandicoot
There are six Coloured Gems in the original Crash Bandicoot for you to grab, and they can all be obtained via the same method: smash all of the crates without losing a single life. These are the levels that you need to perfect in order to get those pesky Colored Gems:
All Crash Bandicoot Colored Gems
- Blue Gem: Toxic Waste
- Red Gem: Slippery Climb
- Green Gem: The Lost City
- Yellow Gem: The Lab
- Purple Gem: Lights Out
- Orange Gem: Generator Room
How to Get All Colored Gems in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back changed things up a little bit, so in order to get all of the Coloured Gems here you’ll need to employ some slightly different tactics. There are five Colored Gems to collect, and here’s where you’ll find them and what you need to do to grab them:
All Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Colored Gems
- Blue Gem: Turtle Woods – Don’t break a single crate.
- Red Gem: Snow Go – Follow the secret path using the portal in Air Crash.
- Green Gem: The Eel Deal – Follow the secret route behind the stage’s fake wall.
- Yellow Gem: Plant Food – Complete the level before you run out of time.
- Purple Gem: Bee-having – Use the Nitro Crates as steps, beyond the second checkpoint.
How to Get All Colored Gems in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Similarly to Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, unlocking all of the Coloured Gems in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped requires you to explore alternate pathways or play in a slightly different way. Again, there are five Colored Gems to collect, and here’s where you’ll find them and what you need to do.
All Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped Colored Gems
- Blue Gem: Tomb Wader – Access the Death Route by reaching the Skull & Crossbones lift without dying.
- Red Gem: Deep Trouble – Break the ! crate at the end of the level and then complete the secret course.
- Green Gem: Flaming Passion – Again, you’ll need to complete the Death Route. Access it by reaching the Skull & Crossbones lift without dying.
- Yellow Gem: Hang ‘Em High – Located in the secret room that opens once you have gathered a total of ten Relics through time trials.
- Purple Gem: High Time – Once again, follow the Death Route.
Are you going for a perfect playthrough in all three games? Have you obtained of the Gems yet, and do you have any tips? Do your best Crash dance in the comments section below, and check out our Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy boss guide and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy tips and tricks guide if you're finding the games tough.