Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection Charms PS4 from 15th November

Italy awaits

Ubisoft just couldn't do it. The publisher had said that it wanted to give Assassin's Creed a break, and we'd let the French firm off the hook when it deployed those episodic side-scrolling games. But here we are: the holidays are approaching, and it's managed to pump out Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection just in time.

The remastered compilation will include Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations – all appearing for the first time on the PlayStation 4. It's been seven years since the first game in Ezio Auditore's trilogy, and it's already looking ancient – despite the upscaling that's going on.

The set will get stabby on 15th November in North America and 17th November in Europe. If you purchase the game in the Land of the Free, then you'll be eligible for an $8 off voucher against theatre tickets for the new movie, which is a reasonable enough extra incentive we suppose. Will you be returning to Rome this Christmas? Pull up your hood in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, youtube.com]

wiggleronacid

wiggleronacid said:

Very cool to see. I haven't played the older entries and I have heard these are some of the best in the series. I know the series is really stale to some people, but I'm personally looking forward to picking this up as long as the price is fair.

ShogunRok

ShogunRok said:

I went back to AC2/Brotherhood briefly last year and the controls are pretty bloody terrible by today's standards. I was surprised by how much they'd aged.

xj220_afiles

xj220_afiles said:

Still, from a story/atmosphere perspective, the Ezio's story is by far the best in the series. I also really miss these present time moment with Desmond. I know a lot of people hate this part of these games but to me it was the glue that linked each of these games together, especially in brotherhood. The present time story seems so pointless since AC IV and even more since Unity.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

meh not really that interested, i already have the games on PS3 so i don't need a slightly better looking version

although if you don't have the games it's a good box set

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'm hyped for this collection, though I'm probably not gonna wait to play it. I already own Ezio Trilogy on PS3.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Fight_Teza_Fight said:

Absolutely picking this up. Brotherhood and Revelations are good, but AC2 imo is a true masterpiece. Ezio is bigger than AC.

Rob_230

Rob_230 said:

Nope, still not biting Ubi. I have these on ps3 still, and while i love 2 and brotherhood, i need a complete break from the series now after syndicate. This was meant to be a year off for the series. I will watch the movie and thats your lot. I will reconsider whether i want to jump back in next year when the new one is out.

For those who haven't played them however, you are in for a treat. I still think these are the best games in the series - Ezio is by far the most charismatic lead and the settings are wonderful.

Neolit

Neolit said:

AC2 is my absolute favorite AC and I played it to death (ahem, to platinum). The rest did not interest me, story wise. Black Flag was very good but the main character was nowhere near Ezio's charm (go figure, a brit with criminal background vs an italian with a family revenge story).
Still, not buying any remakes, remasters or whatever_they_call_them_now any more.
I guess it's good for those who missed this story line on ps3/xb360.

starhops

starhops said:

@Neolit Exactly my AC experience. Loved AC2. It was well written and the voice acting wonderful. Black Flag was very fun, but yes, no Ezio. A shame the movie didn't use the Ezio character, but something new is exciting. I sure hope it's not a flop.

Leeham

Leeham said:

I love AC but I don't know if I can put myself through finding those freaking feathers :')
Does anyone know if their will be multiplayer, if they are only bringing through the story I'll 100% get it!

leucocyte

leucocyte said:

AC2 was excellent, brotherhood was good, but by revelations, it had outstayed its welcome imo - i think i only finished about 10% of it. have never played any of the AC games since..

DerMeister

DerMeister said:

For a second, I almost thought you rehashed the other article about this. Which would make a funny meta joke now that I think about it.

hadlee73

hadlee73 said:

Odd way of releasing these. Just being about Ezio means it will be missing big chunks of the storyline. I would have expected something more like a collection covering AC 1, 2 (+BH and Rev) and AC 3, so that it covered the entire Desmond Miles cycle, not including portable spinoffs. Some might say they stuck with the Ezio games because they are the best ones, but if that is the case why is Revelations included? Lol

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

I was a little late to the Assassin's Creed party. AC III was my first. So I will definitely be getting this. I would like to see a ps4 version of Assassin's Creed Rogue as well.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@hadlee73 it's because the Ezio games are the only ones people actually like

they had the best story, the best game play of the series, the best setting and the best characters

AC1 was decent but VERY repetitive, ACIII was boring all round, ACIV while fun didn't have a interesting character or story (i mean really how did they mess up Pirates?), AC Unity was a broken boring mess and AC Syndicate while not bad was still a chore to get through

hadlee73

hadlee73 said:

@FullbringIchigo not disagreeing about the quality of the other titles, but the Ezio titles alone are an incomplete story, and revelations is one of the worst AC titles ever made. I hardly think its in high demand, Ezio or no. My point was not to bundle the best titles, but to actually bundle a complete story. This is just another Ubisoft ripoff.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@hadlee73 oh true they should have done a complete collection but this is Ubisoft after all and they haven't put any effort into their games for years