Velocity 2X Teleports into Your Head and Blows Your Brain Next Month

FuturLab's latest in a galaxy not so far away

FuturLab’s long awaited PlayStation 4 and Vita shmup sequel Velocity 2X is set to soar onto Sony’s suite of systems on 2nd September in North America and 3rd September in Europe. The popular Brighton-based developer confirmed the date as part of a particularly emphatic post on the PlayStation Blog, tossing out a new trailer to entertain you while you wait.

The big addition to this sequel is the implementation of on-foot action, meaning that you’ll divide your time between space combat and side-scrolling platforming. This mechanic will play into the boss fights, where you’ll need to teleport into the body of enemies in order to destroy them from the inside. The studio has really stepped up its game in terms of presentation, as these sections look seriously stunning.

This has been one of our most anticipated PlayStation titles for a while, so it’s nice to see it with a release date at last. If you’re still not sure what to expect, check out our preview of the game from last year – and find out why it’s captured the attention of our entire team.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

@get2sammyb I don't know why but that gif creeps me the f*** out!

This is double trouble: Untitled
Topic: Love the music that's where Joris De Man will always succeed in, why he got the boot in recent Killzone games I'll never know.

RawShark

RawShark said:

@get2sammyb I cannot remember that from TLOU and it's the sort of thing I thought would have been burned into my brain. Brrrrrrr....

N711

N711 said:

Ha one of 'those' Vita games.
XD with no sarcasm some more good stuff for my Vita

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

I said last week I'm getting sick of retro and pixel junk games but this actually makes me want to play it. I will give this a go.

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

I bought Velocity Ultra during a flash sale and that was the best dollar I have ever spent. Getting this for the PS4 for sure!

hadlee73

hadlee73 said:

First game was great. This looks really interesting with the addition of the on-foot sections.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

One of the indie games I'm actually really looking forward to playing. The first one is great and this looks to take things a step further.