You'll Be Going to Mars in the Destiny Beta on PS4 and PS3 This Weekend

Posted by Robert Ramsey

We come in peace

So, are we all enjoying the Destiny beta? We sure hope so, because Bungie has a bit of a surprise for you this weekend as it opens up two multiplayer maps for a limited time.

Together with the Rusted Lands arena that featured in the sci-fi shooter's alpha, you'll also be able to journey to everyone's favourite red planet, Mars, courtesy of a new game mode that's really going to put your preparation skills to the test. Dubbed The Iron Banner, you'll be taking your own equipment into battle with no level restrictions – so everything that you've gained in the beta so far will either become a weakness or a huge boon. Best get hoarding those rare items, eh?

As if paying a visit to a dusty old planet wasn't enough, there will even be powerful rewards up for grabs if you manage to seize victory. However, gunning down your foes isn't the only thing you'll have to worry about, as The Iron Banner event will only be available for just two hours on the 19th July at 14:00PM PDT. Are you ready to have a grab at glory? Lock and load in the comments section below.

[via bungie.net]

Related Games

BrettHrin

BrettHrin said:

Well I guess poor me for having a job. 2hr limit is pretty shifty.
please watch the language :) -Tasuki-

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Well I might try this if I have the time tomorrow if not I guess I will wait for the launch.

BrettHrin

BrettHrin said:

@Rapidaz you have to pre-order but chances are you can find someone giving them away. I myself gave 8 away on twitter yesterday

gamerforreal

gamerforreal said:

@Tasuki hey. I would like a ps4 code. I hope i caught you. Ive looked all day. Im sure your asleep. My psn account is lyrycyst8338 if you could message me that would be awesome. If you cant find me there my email is chrisnsage@live.com. Hope to hear from you.

ToOGoodOfAPlaya

ToOGoodOfAPlaya said:

Was hoping for more singleplayer and co op stuff, but its still early and its not that long until release anyway.