This PS4 Game Will Spin You Round Baby, Right Round

Feeling dizzy

Between the likes of Octodad: Dadliest Catch and King Oddball, there have been no shortage of strange games on the PlayStation 4 – but the impending Roundabout may just be the oddest yet. Set to start spinning in early 2015, the limousine simulation is essentially a reimagining of Game Boy Advance classic Kuru Kuru Kururin [Can never spell that one – Ed] with cars, animals, and mass murder.

It’s the work of a slew of ex-Twisted Pixel folks, who have clearly gotten a little more demented since severing ties with their former employers and setting up new outfit No Goblin. Your ultimate objective is to guide your passengers to their destination – all while rotating perpetually in a circular motion. The title was originally set to skip Sony’s machine, but according to Eurogamer.net, the platform holder offered to cover the company’s Unity fees.

You can check out some footage of the rotating release in the video embedded below – as well as some dodgy full-motion video cut-scenes. Does this spin you round like a record? Do your best Dead or Alive impression in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, eurogamer.net]

WARDIE

WARDIE said:

I think Sony could have put that money to better use imo. Im not down on Indies in the least but games like this won't sell systems. I bet it'll be priced between £10-£15 which is way too much for games like this and OctoDad. Still, thats my opinion. Maybe there is a market for these style of games. It is nice to see people try new things and I wish them all the luck for it.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

@WARDIE This isn't Sony's game so I have no idea where you are going with this. This is an indie developer I think, which means so can't tell them what to do, these are all independent developers and it's a good thing sony made it easy for these developers also. You really need to research indie games because all of your so called amazing developers that have developed AAA games were at one time indie developers. Without that branch, gaming wouldn't be close to what it is today.

WARDIE

WARDIE said:

@Demi_God First of I wasn't saying this is a Sony game I said they could have spent the money elsewhere as Sony is helping finance the PS4 version. I also said I wasn't down on indies as enjoy most of them but I couldn't see the point in Sony paying for the development of this title as it didn't really appeal, which was my opinion. I also don't like the pricing of a few of these titles as they would be alot cheaper on other platforms. I love how Sony supports indies as they're the ones that innovate and take the risks other more mainstream devs can't For your information I know how most game developers get started as I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 and the Amiga 500.

Chouzetsu

Chouzetsu said:

It looks really difficult. Even the person playing in the trailer is murdering everybody.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Had to watch this on mute 'cause I'm at work but the trailer was funny.