Rumour: Tekken 7 Punches PlayStation 4 Square in the Jaw

King of fighters

It looks like not even the Mishima family has been able to keep Tekken 7 under wraps, as the title has just leaked courtesy of an IGN News video. The sequel was strongly rumoured earlier today when a logo accidentally appeared during the EVO fighting game championships, but the Daemon Hatfield fronted clip seemingly corroborates the reports.

While there aren’t any platform announcements, it sounds like the game will launch on the PlayStation 4 – and will take advantage of Epic’s game making suite, Unreal Engine 4. “With Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve the visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it,” series producer Katsuhiro Harada is supposedly quoted as saying. “Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it allows us to easily bring Tekken 7 to any platform that we desire.”

Expect additional information to be unveiled imminently. For now, you can catch the leaked clip through here.

[via gematsu.com]

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Im so not into Tekken, but Im' glad they're continuing the series and bringing it to PS4!

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Tekken was my favorite fighting game of all time especially Tekken 3 but if there is a series that could use a reboot it's Tekken.

Not surprised that they are bringing it to the PS4 and I might pick this one up especially since Tekken holds such fond memories especially when it comes to Playstation. Heck Tekken 2 was the first Playstation game I played way back in the day on a demonstration booth at a Blockbuster Video store.

ModernMARVEL

ModernMARVEL said:

I know my uncle would prefer Tekken Tag 3, but we'll make sure to GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE. Only one question on my mind. What'll Yoshimitsu look like this time.

Davs_Due

Davs_Due said:

I f*cking love tekken, it have been ages sins I last played it! :D I have waited from the ps4 lauch! :O

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

@Scollurio my thoughts exactly. For fighting games I have always felt that Tekken was the worst of the big fighting games. It feels like I am fighting/moving in slow motion. The first time I played Tekken 2 I thought the game was bugged, turns out it was supposed to play like that. Ill take my Soul Calibur or DoA over Tekken any day.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Tasuki

I agree there. I would like to see them trying something to spice up the series. I also hope this is not an exclusive to any console. It does not sound like that with that quote.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I still pray for the day when they capture the magic of Tekken 3 again. I hope this is it!

Tekken is my favourite fighting franchise, too, so I've been waiting for this. Not sure about Unreal Engine 4, but can't wait to see how it looks on PS4.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Not going to get too excited until its officially confirmed for PS4 (you would think it's coming but MS has shown a propensity to spend on third party games lately). Regardless, hopefully it's much better than 6 which I thought was a letdown after 5. Tag 2 was great though.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

@ShogunRok: Many of times I upsetted Eddy fanboys with King in Tekken 3. Probably my most played fighter on the PS.

Dohv

Dohv said:

So we got Mortal Kombat X and Tekken 7 coming next year.

It's your move Capcom