PS4 Fantasy Title Lords of the Fallen Will, Erm, Fall on 31st October

Posted by Kell Andersen

The month that keeps on giving

Do you have many plans for the month of October? Because if the answer is yes, you may want to reschedule, as literally every major AAA game ever is planned to launch in and around that time. Okay, maybe not every game, but Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation, DriveClub, and Assassin's Creed: Unity are all dropping during the tenth month of 2014. And as if that list weren't formidable enough, we can now add yet another potential backlog annoyance.

Lords of the Fallen, which bears absolutely no resemblance to a popular game by From Software, will be hitting the PlayStation 4 on 28th October in North America and 31st October in Europe. Developed by European studios CI Games and Deck 13, the title sees you hacking and slashing your way through a dark and unforgiving fantasy world. Along the way, you'll fight large and menacing bosses, and level up your silent and brooding player character. Like we said, it's really nothing like Dark Souls at all.

Are you excited to give Lords of the Fallen a shot, or will your October already be filled to the brim with all of the other planned titles? Sharpen your blade in the comments section below.

[via eurogamer.net]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Only game there I know I'm getting for sure is AC: Unity, though a good horror game would be nice so hopefully Alien Isolation turns out well. As for Lords of the Fallen, really haven't followed that closely enough. I'll wait for some reviews.

General_Spiller

General_Spiller said:

Absolutely staggered that so many developers are bringing their games out in the same month. Surely sales of each title will suffer? Granted, a fair few games have delayed and a fair few will have saved up due to the 'drought' that is apparent on next-gen at the minute. But jeez...just look at the list!

@General_Spiller Yeah, it's borderline suicide. Assassin's Creed will be fine, but even Dragon Age and Alien — which are big names — must be feeling a little twitchy right now.

N711

N711 said:

Its all good for gamers to have to choose.. I ll go for Shadow of Mordor (you seem to forget) and my most anticipated is Lords of the Fallen

Boerewors

Boerewors said:

They just committed suicide. Bringing a new IP to a new generation of consoles without a "destiny like" marketing budget is hard as it is, releasing it this October is just asking for bankruptcy. Gamers can't spend their money twice and 90% will go with what they already know, or what ads told em to buy. They should have pushed it back to January 2015 so they would beat Bloodborne to it. Your typical Dark Souls lover would have been tired of waiting for a game like this on the PS4 and buys it and the casuals would be done with their holiday 2014 games and pick up a game like this because, well, January...
I was fortunate enough to play a demo of this game a while back and although it could still use some polishing back then, I was very excited about what this studio realized. The gameplay was smooth and it was a really intense game. The controls took a bit of getting used to, but I had the same in Dark Souls; at first you think the controls aren't responsive, but slowly you start fighting your enemies as if you were dancing with them.
I just really want these guys to succeed, because with the +/- 40 minutes I played I really felt they were on to something. Sure they're expanding on what DaS already did, although they reject the comparison, but if you do it right that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Holydiver85

Holydiver85 said:

Its not like you can only buy one game or you can only buy the game the day it comes out. Im sure the other titles will be fine as everyone does not have the same taste. Personally I dont care about assassins Creed, Driveclub, Dragon Age etc. I will definitely be purchasing Lords of the fallen however.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'll pass. I don't mind people copying Dark Souls so long as they copy the good things from it.

....which means just the combat, basically. Sadly, this one seems to be copying everything else instead.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

This and Alien are going to feel the pain, I think. Dragon Age should be... relatively okay - it's the first big fantasy RPG on next-gen consoles and its a somewhat established franchise. Assassin's Creed will be fine, of course.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Boerewors with witcher 3 and bloodborne beginning of next year it would be just as bad if not worse for them to wait till then. The only thing it really has to go up against RPG wise I can think of before holiday season would be DA3
Im Getting this as soon as it hits the shelf and looking forward to it more than DA3