LittleBigPlanet 3 Embellishes Your PS4 with Bumper Stickers from 18th November

More pre-order bonuses than you can imagine

LittleBigPlanet 3 was arguably the biggest shock of E3 2014, and now it has a release date. As previously alluded, the sequel will start sticking, er, stickers on your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 from 18th November in North America. There’s no word on a European date at the time of typing, but expect it to debut during the same week.

If you’re planning to pre-order the title, there are a dizzying number of bonuses up for grabs in the United States, so let’s get down to business. To begin, if you register your interest at a participating retailer, you’ll nab a rather scary looking Sackboy plushy. Follow through with this action at Target, and you’ll get a teddy wearing the retailer’s famous red hat.

All PS4 pre-orders will also come with a Dragon Age: Inquisition-themed costume pack, as well as a ‘For the Players’ goodie bag featuring various PlayStation icons such as Ellie, Delsin Rowe, Nathan Drake, and a Helghast. Meanwhile, early orders at GameStop will waddle away with the Mythical Creatures pack, while Best Buy, er, buyers will scoop the Hidden Animals set.

If all of that’s not enough, there’ll be a PlayStation-themed bundle available at Amazon.com. And don’t worry if you’re planning to purchase the sequel digitally, as you’ll land a bunch of themed t-shirts to dress your Sackboy in. Even better, you’ll net this the moment that you complete the transaction, unlocking it in previous LittleBigPlanet games now.

Phew! Expect more information on Sony’s latest Play, Create, Share escapade to emerge over the coming weeks, as the title’s private beta gets underway. Are you planning to pit your brain juice against this imaginitive adventure, or are you sick of the sound of Stephen Fry’s voice? Make up a word or two in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

YAY! I'm really, really excited for this. LittleBigPlanet 2 was one of my favourite PS3 games, and I feel totally ready for more.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Oh pain, anguish and despair! The Dragon Age Inquisition pack is for PS4 only! Woe is me.

Welp, looks like I'll have to upgrade.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Im all for third partys to produce cross gen games but I think first party games should be strictly current gen.

adf86

adf86 said:

@eLarkos Normally I would agree mate but with LBP it relies an awful lot on user generated content but even if PS4 has about a 12milion install base the majority won't be buying LBP 3 on launch, so having the PS3 install base as well boosts the game's longevity.
Btw does anyone know what happened to LittleBigPlanet HUB...was that turned into LBP 3 instead?

alphadrago5

alphadrago5 said:

@adf86
Steven Isbell (LittleBigPlanet Community Manager):
"LittleBigPlanet HUB and LittleBigPlanet 3 are two very different things.
For the time-being though, we’re really focusing all of our efforts in bringing LittleBigPlanet 3 to the PlayStation 4!"

rjejr

rjejr said:

Guess Ill be doing a lot of research on this one to see where to buy the PS3 version. PS4 might be 2 years off at this rate if the hits keep coming on PS3 (and Nintendo gets Zelda and X out next holiday.)

My kid got the LBP2 collectors ed for his birthday when it got delayed from before to after Christmas - Amazon gave me free shipoing to make up for the delay. The last 2 years he's gotten Skylanders, probably next Jan as well. Christmas we have Capt Toad and SSB so this might have to fill in for whichever one of those gets delayed ;-)
And Lego Batman 3 looks really good as well.

Decisions, decisions.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

At least you'll get to play dragon age in some form on ps4 this year. If it was cross buy and on vita I'd be vaguely interested, still haven't played much of whichever version I already have on vita.

DHW

DHW said:

Super hyped for this, I remember me and my friend's broken screams when it showed up at E3

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Pre-ordered at Gamestop, all the in-game pre-order bonuses are pretty damn cool. Looking forward to playing this one, the two LBP games I've played (1 and Vita) I really got hooked on so 3 should be no different.

diim

diim said:

I love this game. I personally think this is better than any Mario game, and I grew up on Nintendo.