Feature: What Does Your Guardian Look Like in PS4's Destiny Beta?

Show your space face

The sun is shining, the weather is good – and we’ve certainly spent the past few days moving our dancing feet. Of course, we haven’t been out jamming the night away in some real world club; instead, we’ve been pulling shapes in Destiny’s social hub the Tower. Alright, maybe that’s not what our friends had in mind when they suggested that we should get out more, but what good’s a dingy old cocktail bar when you could be playing intergalactic volley ball in arguably the greatest airport ever?

As perfect as Bungie’s picturesque non-combat zone is for impromptu break dance sessions and shoddy ball games, though, it’s also the ideal place to show off your Guardian to the rest of the world. Unlike in a YouTube comments section, all genders, races, colours, and creeds are welcome in the galaxy’s most popular hangout spot, and so this becomes a perfect place for you to show off your snazzy hair cut. There’s aren’t an enormous amount of character customisation options in Activision’s next big thing, but seeing as it’s the summer and we need a bit of filler to flesh out a slow Sunday, here are the heroes that we’re currently using in the title’s PlayStation 4 beta.

Sammy Barker, Editor

Robert Ramsey, Associate Editor

Ben Potter, Video Editor

Kell Andersen, News Reporter

Alex Stinton, Reviewer

Ben Tarrant, Reviewer

Simon Fitzgerald, Reviewer

That’s how our Guardians look – but what about yours? You can post your character in the comments section by uploading a screenshot to a website such as Imgur.com and whacking the URL between [img] tags in the handy field below.

Those subtitles are driving my OCD crazy, @ShogunRok! Cool characters all around, though - I quite like the look of the heroes in this game!

seeafish

seeafish said:

@ShogunRok I do too tbh. Don't want to miss dialogue due to a passing ambulance or something. :)
Edit: My titan
Untitled
Got an orange haired/striped awoken hunter too... which looks a lot like @get2sammyb :p

Generik

Generik said:

I try to play without subs but usually within about an hour of starting a new title I turn the option on. It just takes one time of going "What did he just say?" for me to realize it's not worth missing the dialogue.

Anyway, I can't wait to get in on this beta later this week on Xbone. I pre-ordered the PS4 Destiny bundle.. so this wait to get the console and game is going to be brutal.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@Generik ...but oh so sweet when you finally get it, then! :) Trust me, you're in for a treat. The game is fantastic in the beta already and I think the white PS4 looks so beautiful...if I didn't have my launch-PS4 already, I'd totally get that bundle as well! Perfect opportunity to get on board! :)

Generik

Generik said:

@Reverend_Skeeve I figured I'd get a PS4 about 2 years into this cycle. Seeing that white console and 6 months worth of news regarding how all multiplatform games ran much better on PS4 and finally topped off with a ton of exclusive content on Destiny pushed those plans way ahead of schedule. I can't wait!

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@Generik Good decision, I daresay! :) Love my PS4, and by now there's enough nice games to play if you jump in in September. And I have a feeling Destiny will be huge, both in matters of success and also game size. And it's already insanely polished for a beta. I have a feeling that this will be one of my most loved games of all time, so the exclusive content is more than welcome. 'specially the strike missions seem to be lots of fun with two buddies or so. And as I said, I love the white PS4. Since it's also coming out in general at the end of the year, should I ever need to buy another PS4 because my first one dies or such, I'd get a white one as well...if there isn't an even nicer one/limited one out I'd want more until then, that is... ;)