Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Pushes the Power of the PS4

Cloud Atlas

We’re so used to Call of Duty games looking a little, er, flat that Sledgehammer Games’ upcoming solo series debut is blowing our brains a little bit. While previous outing Call of Duty: Ghosts was available on the PlayStation 4, it merely represented an up-ressed PlayStation 3 title – whereas this latest entry looks next-gen all the way.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare runs with a pretty familiar premise – private military corporations, shady chief executives, terrorists, a foot soldier with a conscious, etc – but some of the set-pieces teased in the story trailer below have our internal adrenaline metre running in overdrive. After all, who doesn’t want to fly jetpacks to save the world?

Have you got what it takes to stop an especially scary Kevin Spacey from finishing his maniacal mission? Flaunt your futuristic tech in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

RawWilson1

RawWilson1 said:

Will CoD be CoD at the end of the day? I sure hope not being that this one looks different enough to be the game that saves the series from getting stale. #JetPacks

eaglebob345

eaglebob345 said:

@RawWilson1 It's just Call of Duty, it is going to change about as much as Assassin's Creed would, which is barely if any. They know that the throng of yearly "hardcore gamerz" are going to buy it anyways, so they don't have to change it. Hopefully they give more of the spotlight to Destiny than Call of Duty. Destiny deserves it more than Call of Duty ever did.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

If it looks as good as it does and turns out to have a decent multiplayer and vaguely interesting story then I'll pick it up at some point next year. I have no interest in getting this day one, destiny and the division will do me fine.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

Don't tell me they will say it uses 100% of PS4's power & it will just end up just looking like a average Multi-format game when it comes out & then say, Uncharted 4(or any other future PS4 Exclusive game) will come out and it 'WILL' blow every COD games cr*ppy Graphics out of the water :D

• I am really starting to dislike Activision & EA(not that i liked them much anyway) that i have decided to never buy their games any more(or if i wanted 1 of their games(i like FIFA) i will get it off eBay for cheap)
Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

I might actually be interested in this one. Will wait and see if it looks that good when released.

Dohv

Dohv said:

I don't get why people fall for this carp every single year. Before the COD reveal it's all "I'm done with COD it's the same every year." But as soon as the new one is revealed its "This one looks different I will give it a shot." Just to be disappointed year after year. My dad buys the COD games for his PS4 and when he's not playing them I'll just take his copy and beat the campaign on my PS4 and play a match or 2 of multiplayer then give him his copy back. Not spending 60 dollars on COD.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Yeah, not really sure about it pushing the hardware, but I do think the campaign seems like it will be pretty cool.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

If it wasn't for the tech....I wouldn't give 2 crape. .. but this is the first COD I'm actually hyped for! !! Pre ordered and a poster lol! The 3rd ever purchased ( BO2, Ghost)