The Exclusive PS4 Destiny Alpha Will Keep You Busy for a Little While Longer

Posted by Kell Andersen

Beta hurry up

One of the more exciting announcements at this year's E3 was that PlayStation 4 users would be given access to an exclusive Alpha for incoming shooter Destiny. Indeed, a few of our very own intrepid staff writers have been stalking the planes of the tantalising test. Originally, the alpha was planned to end at 08:00AM BST this morning, however at the time of writing several players are reporting that they still have access to the title.

Not one to miss a beat, developer Bungie took to Twitter to explain the curious occurrence. "There's a rumour that the Destiny Alpha might be extended to allow dangerous experiments," it stated. "Play beyond the official close at your own risk." Perhaps this signals that the studio plans to test out some bizarre and unusual mechanics while it still has the chance.

In truth, we're hoping it attempts to add an even more diverse range of options to the already hilarious and robust suite of dance moves. Are you just about finished with this exclusive Alpha, or do you Desti-need more time? Jump around in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, eurogamer.net]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Thats good. Even though I hit the level cap fairly quick (only up to level 8 :() Ive still been playing the alpha. Its been fantastic. Considering there was only a single area to explore, i still haven't got to every section of it! Hopefully get a bit more time on it later to keep exploring.

chazaroonie

chazaroonie said:

I loved my time with tha alpha. It's made my mind up about the full release. I was a bit unsure but playing the game has made me want to keep playing, keep levelling up, keep exploring. I was extremely impressed with the quality of what we got to see. I just want more....

Sometimes these early demos can kill hype, but in this case it really seems to have done the reverse. I think they were having trouble trying to demo this before, but now everyone seems to be very high on it. Completely anecdotal, and perhaps not indicative of anything at all, but it's rocketed to the top of Amazon UK best-sellers this weekend.

KillTheG1mp

KillTheG1mp said:

I want to know what the ??? Level enemies underneath the metro station at the beginning are hiding in pitch black darkness! I tried to run past them but alas they roidrage my Titan's face every time!

I was sold!

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@KillTheG1mp It means those enemies are a higher level than you. I came across some near the Shore but with the level cap at 8, theres no way to get stronger & make your way past them unfortunately. You could try shooting your way through but I was only doing 1 damage so I gave up & retreated.

Alphatitans

Alphatitans said:

Loving the alpha testing of destiny and it plays better than I was expecting one thing I would like to know is, Will we be able to keep our character levels and upgrades from alpha testing to beta testing and hopefully bring it all forward to the full game once it comes out ?

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

I was away so didn't get much of a chance, hopefully it'll still be up tomorrow as I plan to play it for a good few hours.

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

I actually still have access to the Alpha, and man has the population dropped dramatically! Still loving it and I greatly look forward to the final product. The Alpha had a surprising amount of polish to it