Rumour: Will an Official PS4 and Vita Bundle Be Coming Our Way Soon?

Posted by Kell Andersen

Bundles of fun

When Sony originally announced the PlayStation 4 way back when, it assured us that the home console would work in perfect harmony with the Vita. And in many ways, the platform holder has delivered on that promise, with Remote Play, as well as several cross-buy and cross-save experiences, really showing off the two consoles' connectivity. However, it's always struck us as just a little odd that, save for a few hastily assembled packs around launch time, we've never seen an official PS4 and Vita hardware bundle.

Well, according to a recent Amazon France listing, that hope may become a reality. A page has recently been opened up on the website for an 'Ultimate Player Edition', which includes both the Japanese giant's home console, and its sleek portable. The price of the pack is listed as €579.99 ($789.99), which is exactly the total price of picking up the two machines separately, seemingly making the box completely pointless.

Of course, if this bundle is actually on the cards, it's likely that we'll hear about it next week during E3. Do you think that a deal like this will help to cure the Vita's slumping sales? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via amazon.fr, destructoid.com]

sajoey

sajoey said:

I hope so. The PS4 is selling like something hot and cakey, and if they made this bundle a reasonable price, it would definitely start to put the Vita into people's hands.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Well it wont surprise me if they do. Since the Xbox One will be selling without the Kinect Sony should do something to push themselves ahead. This would be the perfect thing since it would be hard for MS to counter this without a handheld of their own.

eaglebob345

eaglebob345 said:

The only reason I would get this is if the price is very low because the PS4 has a subscription fee. That or a Kingdom Hearts game lands on one of them in the near future, that the only reason I buy Sony consoles, anyways.

Midzark

Midzark said:

That's silly!! Surely they should knock £20 off the bundle price to make it worth it! Why don't they throw a game in and put another £55 on top haha

Knux

Knux said:

I would buy that bundle if it turns out to be real, since I don't have a PS4 yet and I can also obtain an extra Vita (even if it's the LCD model).

Heavyman99

Heavyman99 said:

I've got a Vita, but not a PS4. Maybe if this comes to NA along with a memory card, and a download game for each, (like a Minecraft/Terraria or P4G/P3P combo for Vita, and Knack on PS4) it'll pick up the Vita's fortunes in NA, if the Borderlands Bundle hasn't done that yet.

rjejr

rjejr said:

If they cant get it down to $499 for the holidays they probably shouldn't bother mass producing it. How many years has Vita been out now? People aren't rushing to buy it.

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

@rjejr Exactly, thats the grim reality. But this is now official on a territorial basis, the prophecy of PS Vita becoming a accessory is now complete.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I think people would be interested in it, if the price is right. Right now, you can get a Vita for $199.99 with a 8GB memory stick and Borderlands 2 (comes with a 8 gb for a reason, trust me ¬¬) So if this is priced at $599, I would say theres no point, but if they made it around $50-$100 cheaper ( like @rjejr said) then I think people would definitely grab this bundle, but I gotta be honest, Im alil disappointed theres no games included in the bundle pictured above :-(

rjejr

rjejr said:

@hydeks - "Im alil disappointed theres no games included in the bundle pictured above"

Yeah, I thought a bundle like this would have come out 2 years (18 months) ago w/ Vita, PS3 and PSASBR due to the cross-play, seemed like the perfect packaging opportunity. Are there any x-play games like that on PS4 and Vita or is it all about the remote play? The package only makes sense to me w/ x-play, maybe DriveCLub?, which is why I never see Nintendo bundling a 3DS and Wii U, not even w/ SSB, which seem like two entirely separate games.

If Sony dropped the DS4 from the bundle and used Vita as a PS4 controller, well that's a whole 'nother story. Maybe they can sell a lightbar attachment for the Vita, w/ a roll of electrical tape ;-)

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

how would it be listed at $789. You can get a Vita for $200, so the PS4 is $400 + 200, which is $600. I don't know how the heck you get 789, the vita doesn't cost the same price or close to the PS4, it's half that.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

@Demi_God My thoughts exactly...unless the PS4 and PSVita just cost more in the UK? If so, I feel sorry for you mates.

I'm still hoping that Amazon will be selling the PSVita for $150-$175 New by Black Friday 2014/Cyber Monday 2014, otherwise I'll have to ask my mom to buy it from Best Buy :(.

TheWightMonk

TheWightMonk said:

Had a vita shortly after launch, so be a waste for me...I've only one pair of hands after all %-)