Rumour: Destiny's Extra PS4 and PS3 Content Will Only Be Exclusive Till Next Year

Posted by Kell Andersen

Jumping jive

Timed exclusive content is a lot like the lottery: it's a constant source of bitterness, until you're on the receiving end. So, it's with great care that we report on recent rumours that the promised extra features on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 for hotly anticipated shooter Destiny will only be exclusive until next year.

According to Amazon, the content will still remain unique to Sony platforms for quite some time. A bullet point on the game's shop page states: "Exclusive content for PlayStation 4 owners includes the Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map, Dust Palace Strike, Weapons, Ships and Gear that will only be on PlayStation until at least Fall 2015."

Obviously, the online retailer has made mistakes in the past, so it's probably best not to accept this news as absolutely true. However, we have a feeling this might be accurate, given how soon it is until the game launches. Did Destiny's Alpha sway you to pick up the full game, or are you going to need some more convincing? Were you expecting the title's exclusive content to remain Sony only? Lock 'n' load in the comments section below.

[via amazon.com]

Related Games

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I don't give a wet sock about timed exclusives, as I can enjoy the game on the platform of my choice (a choice that has been made long time ago for various other reasons than timed exclusive content) and I don't care if someone else plays the same content like I do on their platform of choice.

So... whatever, I can't wait to play Destiny, but I'm not getting it for any exclusives anyways.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Scollurio exactly, also can't wait to get this in September along with so many other great games the months after

adf86

adf86 said:

To be honest the extra content is kinda "take it or leave it" affair. It's the brand association that Sony saw as the most important part.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

Not such a bad affair. I can imagine people complaining about this though, hard to make people happy these days.

dudeware

dudeware said:

Lol you do realize that "Fall 2015" is a date place holder till Amazon know how long the exclusivity deal is for right? I mean did you guys reach out to Amazon and ask them? Or did you just assume that it would be correct lol if Microsoft has the money to get exclusivity for a full month imagine how much it would cost Sony to have exclusivity for a full year.

Oren

Oren said:

When it comes to exclusives (timed or not) the only people who lose out are gamers. It's so annoying when something is announced as an exclusive at the press conferences and a bunch of middle-aged 'un-biased' (note the quotation marks) journalists whoop like a bunch of monkeys.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

99% of extra content is timed exclusive these days so wouldn't surprise me at all. I'll admit, depending on what it entails, sometimes it can sway me to buy one version over another but at the end of the day it more comes down to performance and controller preference for me. And while I'm not the biggest fan of this stuff, it's the game MS wants to play so I'm glad to see Sony playing it as well. The Xbox gamers get CoD content first, PS4 gamers get Destiny. Sucks that either group has to wait but at least Activision is treating both groups equally.