PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Features Nerve-Rackingly Realistic Werewolves

Posted by Kell Andersen

At the end of our lycnathrope

You may recall a particularly gruesome trailer for The Order: 1886 from this year's E3. The gory clip debuted during Sony's super slick press conference, and showed off the title's reimagining of 1800s London, complete with historically accurate werewolf infestation. Luckily for us, the Japanese giant has recently released a new video which goes into even more detail about the loathsome lycanthropes.

According to the game's devs, an inordinate amount of time was put into making the creatures as realistic as possible. Indeed, one of the creators was seemingly tasked with figuring out exactly how a human might actually morph into a wolf, and then using this knowledge to help create in-game assets. It'd be quite impressive, if it weren't so disgusting.

Are you lycan what you see, or are you still not sold on the alternate history romp? Will you be picking up The Order: 1886 when it releases in February next year? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Yeah, initially I was psyched for this game, not so much now. The story seems cool, so it might be fun viewing when somebody compiles the cutscenes and puts 'em on youtube. But the gameplay itself doesn't look too thrilling. I'll wait for reviews of course but right now, it's looking like a great decision to delay the game. If The Witcher 3 and Batman both hit in February, I'd imagine this will still get buried but it won't be as bad as if it released this October up against Far Cry 4, Destiny, CoD, AC and the GTA, TLoU and Halo re-releases.

Manaiak101

Manaiak101 said:

How can you say that the werewolves look realistic when they don't actually exist?

N711

N711 said:

Well any game cant please everyone just like I dont fancy cartoony over the top games or FPS. People are different and there r different types of games.
Yea this game is linear just like the Last of Us , Uncharted or other great story based games that are not open world. Cant wait for this realistic and immersive game really and I dont really care whether it sells well or not, just give it to me XD

iDangerMouse_

iDangerMouse_ said:

@N711 agreed! I just can't wait to play this! Going to be such a great game and I think it'll be quite challenging too! Bring on February!!

biglew

biglew said:

N711 I agree with you 100 percent! If you don't think it would be good then don't buy it!!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I want to be excited for this game, but they're not showing enough of the actual game to discern anything.

I need to see a lengthy gameplay clip or something... what they've shown thus far just hasn't been enough. Looks promising, but I want to confirm/deny whether that's the case.