Have a Little Faith! PS4 Sequel Mirror's Edge 2 Will Appear at E3 2014

Still alive

Mirror’s Edge 2 may have been a certainty for EA Games’ sizeable E3 2014 showing ever since it revealed that it’d have six titles on display, but that assumption has now been confirmed courtesy of Spike’s always entertaining All Access Live schedule. Specifically, the itinerary mentions “updates” on the DICE developed parkour title, so perhaps expect a new trailer and information, rather than a full gameplay demo.

Elsewhere, the popular publisher is promising to debut a new project from Burnout Paradise developer Criterion Games as part of its blowout. This title is currently unannounced, but while it would be natural to assume that the Guildford-based outfit is keeping itself busy with a new Need for Speed, it’s worth remembering that Swedish studio Ghost Games now holds the keys to the publisher’s flagship racing franchise.

This isn't quite the same team that spearheaded the likes of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit either, as co-founders Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry left the company earlier this year. There had been rumours that the firm was doing something exciting, though, so it’ll be interesting to see what it dreams up. Would anyone else be interested in a fresh iteration of underrated first-person shooter Black? No, didn’t think so.

[via gametrailers.com]

RawWilson1

RawWilson1 said:

Mirror's Edge 1 was my game! This reboot better keep the soundtrack from the original at least

Remixora

Remixora said:

Really looking forward to this game. I loved the first one. Hopefully this one is amazingly better.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

Never played black but it actual looks like it was a decent game, I'm interested to try out need for speed but that's about it.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

900p on Xbox One.

on a serious note: I never played the first one, but with the way DICE and EA have been doing things, I wouldn't pre-order this game.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

Looking forward to mirrors edge 2 I really liked the first game. Another black game would be great the first was one of my favourite shooters of the ps2/xbox gen

BoobooMama

BoobooMama said:

I've been waiting for Mirror's Edge 2 for so long now. I just hope EA doesn't pull a Dead Space 3 on it.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

"Would anyone else be interested in a fresh iteration of underrated first-person shooter Black? No, didn’t think so."

It's funny you should say that. There are only three things I want from EA right now. Mirror's Edge 2 on PS4 is one of them. But the first two are Black 2 (PS4) and a new Boom Blox game for Wii U. I doubt those two are very likely, though.

Holydiver85

Holydiver85 said:

Forget mirror's edge, we need a new black. That was my favourite shooter when I owned my original Xbox.

Dohv

Dohv said:

Black was so awesome on PS2. I remember Black 2 was announced for PS3 a long long time ago but we never heard anything about it.