Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wrestles onto the PS4 in July

Posted by Kell Andersen

You'll luch-adore this one

If you're a fan of the Metroidvania genre, but lament the lack of ludicrous puns, then Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition may just be for you. This 2D platformer sees you playing as Mexican luchador who must save the President's daughter from a gang of evil thugs.

If that sounds right up your alley, then you're in luck, as developer Drinkbox Studios recently announced on the PlayStation Blog that it is bringing an upgraded version of the title to PlayStation 4.The new edition features improved graphics, a new boss, extra character abilities, as well as all of the DLC packs released for the game in its original run.

What's more, the tagline for the post on the European blog promises "details of the upgrade discount for those who own the original version." However, none such information is included in the actual article, leading us to believe that this was probably a mistake. Regardless, you won't have long to wait, as the comical brawler will be storming the PS4 on 1st July in the US, and 2nd July in the Europe.

Will you picking up Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, or are you too busy reading that absurdly long name? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, blog.eu.playstation.com]

jmburks

jmburks said:

any chance of a cross-buy with vita for those who already own it? or a discount maybe?

RawShark

RawShark said:

I don't remember the puns so much, but there were a lot of clever nods towards other games in there. Smashing game - I really enjoyed it.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

This is a game I'm looking forward to - but I just can't shake the feeling it's going to be free eventually. And for this particular game, I don't mind waiting because I already have TONS to play.

darkswabber

darkswabber said:

It's probably going to be free with plus.
along with binding of isaac rebirth. (if it's finished before july)
and if not, I'm still going the buy it.

player-1

player-1 said:

i hope its not free on ps4 was free on vita had enough of it after 5 min deleated it its **** sorry its true

Chouzetsu

Chouzetsu said:

Oh Luchador, like an orphaned cabbage, you rolled straight into my trap!
@player-1 What the actual hell are you talking about? Guacamelee was amazing. If you only played it for five minutes, you couldn't judge it.
Anyway, I hope it's cross buy or at least a discount. Had the original on PS3+Vita, would love to play it again.

darkswabber

darkswabber said:

@dohv binding of isaac rebirth is for sure a free ps plus game once it releases. Edmund already said that last year. I hope it will be cross-buy with the vita.
And guacamelee seems to fit perfect as a free ps4 plus title to me.