Grand Theft Auto V's Long Awaited Online Bank Heists Won't Break Free Just Yet

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Held in custody

For many, Grand Theft Auto V's online world has been the source of a lot of mayhem-fuelled fun since the game launched last year, but for others, it's been something of a disappointment despite Rockstar's consistent post-release support. Unfortunately, those who were looking forward to robbing banks with a group of friends back in 2013 still aren't able to do so, and although the developer has stated that the highly requested update is in the works, it simply isn't ready yet.

Posting in the comments section of its official site, Rockstar reassured fans regarding future content, writing "for those of you asking about other upcoming GTA Online updates, we have lots more in store coming your way soon," before pointing out that "we know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated".

Having just released a content heavy patch, it perhaps isn't completely fair to come down on the studio like a ton of bricks just yet, but there's no denying that the wait has been rather extreme. Nevertheless, the developer goes on to apologise for the delay and ensures readers that it's "working hard to bring Online Heists to you as soon as we can". How long have you been camped outside of a bank waiting for the update to arrive? Has Grand Theft Auto Online managed to keep your attention? Trip the alarms in the comments section below.

[via rockstargames.com, destructoid.com]

GRIFFEN14

GRIFFEN14 said:

I feel like it's too little too late for most people. I imagine heists will release alongside the next gen versions

Dannyboy1996

Dannyboy1996 said:

I was really looking forward to heists back in 2013 but waiting a little longer ain't gonna hurt even if I have to wait till next gen release

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I never played GTA online...I'm not a team player. I hoped planning robberies and bank heists would be a bigger element of the single player game, not just part the narrative but that there would be optional jobs to do...casinos and other banks, jewellery stores etc around the map that could be scoped out and the jobs planned and carried out with the crews that were built up.
I can see the attraction of having bank jobs in the online element of the game, but not as such a late on addition. I too think it will be a feature released alongside the next gen version.

AD-80

AD-80 said:

Way too late....not even getting the PS4 version, this game failed me hard.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Wait wait wait. People still play the Online portion of GTA V? Last time I played it was just full of hackers and cheaters.