E3 2014: Surprise, LittleBigPlanet 3 Will Be Landing on PS4 in November

Posted by Kell Andersen

LittleBigSurprise

In one of the more surprising announcements from Sony's E3 press conference today, the Japanese giant revealed that LittleBigPlanet 3 will be launching on PlayStation 4 this November. As well as Sackboy, the adorable sequel features three new playable characters named Toggle, Swoop, and Oddsock, each with their own special abilities.

Toggle's super heft can move heavy blocks, Swoop can fly about and pick up its companions, and Oddsock - our personal favourite - is super speedy and can perform a wall-jump. It's unclear which studio is developing this game, as Media Molecule assured us before the event that it had nothing to show. However, the title clearly demonstrates its original creators' sense of style and fun.

What's more, all of the user created levels from previous instalments of the franchise have been imported into the new game's engine, and will be completely playable. Now all we need to know is wether or not Stephen Fry will be narrating, and then we can determine exactly how excited we are.

Were you surprised to see LittleBigPlanet 3 at E3 this year? Will you be picking up the title come November? Design a level in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, vg247.com]

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

LBP as a platformer have really bad physics although is cool and very fun to play with friends.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Not a huge surprise but better than nothing. Since this fall is still pretty empty though and because I did really enjoy LBP 1 and Vita, I'll be buying this.

Chouzetsu

Chouzetsu said:

Wait... There are more than three layers in the trailer! Littlebigplanet 2.5D? Other characters look cool but not as original as Sackboy.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

LBP2 and LBPV somehow failed to completely capture the magic of LBP1 for me. I don't know if it's the music or the level design or what. The nonstop parade of characters and new gadgets somehow just wasn't quite the same. But with all that said I'm still excited about LBP3. I thought it was a great demonstration.

fit6958Staff

fit6958 said:

I can't believe it, I called this in the hopes and fears article! :)

Azikira

Azikira said:

AAAHHHHG, I can't put off buying a PS4 anymore. Dangit Sony, you know just how to take ALL my moneys.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@Gamer83 A code that gives us access to the Destiny Alpha, Hardline Beta, $5 in PS store, 30-day music unlimited, and at the end we were handed a nifty poster. We also got to watch some developer interviews and found out more in-depth about how that Far Cry 4 co-op will actually work.

@ztpayne7 We still had streaming issues :/

Reverandjames

Reverandjames said:

Won't pick up unless it's MM. I don't like it when companies feel the need to 'fill the gap'. Case in point: Batman: Arkham Origins