E3 2014: Star Wars: Battlefront Aims to Bring the Galaxy to Life Like Never Before

Posted by Joey Thurmond

The opportunity of a lifetime

DICE has been behind one of the most recognisable shooter franchises of all time with Battlefield, which continues to press on as seen with the recent reveal of Battlefield Hardline. So, since EA acquired the rights to produce Star Wars games, there was no doubt that it would utilize DICE's talents, which was confirmed at E3 2013 with a teaser for Star Wars: Battlefront. Now, with over a year of development under its belt, the developer has shown the fruits of its labour with new footage of this long-awaited PS4 title.

"Star Wars belongs to everyone," design director Niklas Fegreaus says at the beginning of this chilling trailer. It's a line that echoes throughout the rest of the video, as DICE makes it clear that its intention is to create the Star Wars game that every fan has dreamed of since the dawn of Episode IV: A New Hope. You can see the commitment to live up to this claim as the developer shows the team studying original film props and visiting on-set locations that captured the foreign beauty of planets like Endor and Hoth. Upon offering glimpses of utterly gorgeous in-game footage, it's easy to have all doubts erased that Star Wars: Battlefront will portray the beloved universe to near-perfection.

We hope to hear more about the gameplay and what improvements are being made since the console release of 2005's Star Wars: Battlefront II, but check out the reassuring video of the new game's development and set your blasters to stun in the comments section below to tell us what you think of the progress being made.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Im a HUGE fan of Star Wars (the original 3, the other ones... never happened) so Im really hyped for this! Seems like they at least give the project the attention it deserves!

Jorzha

Jorzha said:

I can't wait for this game ^^ I'm still playing the second battlefront. =D

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

Ok now I am hyped. Like Simon said though bringing 1313 back would be a good idea that looked like it was shaping up nicely

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'm getting really sick of these dev-story trailers, but with a release date like that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

alphadrago5

alphadrago5 said:

I'm stoked for this game. I played the hell out of the first two on my original xbox so long ago and I can't imagine anyone else i'd rather have make this than DICE. This, Mirror's Edge 2, and Bloodborne look like they're gonna set the bar high after E3 this year.

whywai88

whywai88 said:

they don't even have a trailer to show yet. until then, it's all talks. I know it will be great. but it's too early to hype people about a game just started. I can sure that it will get delay.