E3 2014: PS4 Spin-Off inFAMOUS: First Light Fetches Some Snowy Locales

Bright and beautiful

PlayStation 4 spin-off inFAMOUS: First Light was always going to get a little overshadowed by the likes of Bloodborne and LittleBigPlanet 3, but that doesn’t mean that the standalone expansion isn’t shaping up extremely nicely indeed. The title aims to depict pink-haired protagonist Abigail ‘Fetch’ Walker’s transition from punk chick to full-on conduit – and you’ll be exploring a variety of new locations as part of the side-story.

High alpine prison Curdun Cay is one of the first places that you’ll get to traverse, but you’ll also be able to wander the frosty mountain that surrounds it, meaning that the game will be getting snow for the very first time. You’ll be returning to old stomping ground Seattle as well, although playing as the neon infused heroine will feel different to main protagonist Delsin Rowe, as the star will have powers unique to her rebellious personality.

If that’s not enough, the release’s uber-popular photo mode will be making a comeback, allowing you to share and upload your very best screenshots from the game. You won’t need to own a copy of inFAMOUS: Second Son to play this, but you will unlock some additional bonuses if you do. The title’s set to light up the PS4 in August. Are you ready to return to Sucker Punch’s heart-shaped sandbox? Glow in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Pre-ordered because 1. more inFamous, 2. extra costume. Can't wait for late August.

WARDIE

WARDIE said:

Yeah I'll pick this up. Although I enjoyed Second Son I did feel it needed alot more side missions as I got the platinum trohpy within a couple of days. Maybe the stand alone dlc should have been part of the main game. Any Idea on the price?

Dohv

Dohv said:

Since its a standalone game, I really hope it gets a physical release for 20. I hate digital. But I will get this no matter what.

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

More Laura Bailey awesomeness! I will be getting this for sure. I hope they don't exclude the karma system in this one like they did with Festival of Blood.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I'm definitely curious about the dlc...but I would need to see more. Will you guys be reviewing this? I wonder how long it will be...

thebustman

thebustman said:

i would have preferred Eugene over fetch i mean turning neon and going fast is cool but turning into a final fantasy summon and using video powers is pretty bad ass