E3 2014: Payday 2 Runs Away with Your Money on PS4

Everybody put your hands up

Overkill Studios’ popular co-operative stealing simulator Payday 2 is heading to the PlayStation 4, with the freshly adopted Crimewave Edition moniker. According to Eurogamer.net, it will come bundled with “enhanced features and a stash of new content”, though it’s not entirely clear what that will entail. We suspect that touched up visuals and additional villainous masks are certainly on the cards.

For those that missed the sequel and its PlayStation 3 and PC exclusive predecessor, it sees you stepping into the shoes of a master criminal, working with your equally bent buddies in order to rob from the well off. The last-gen version was extremely well received, though you do need to have a few friends for the experience to really shine. Who knew that thieving could be so drab when you’re at it on your own?

[via eurogamer.net]

InsaneMikeB

InsaneMikeB said:

Alot of people are really negative about all the ports coming to PS4. Personally im loving it!! I get to play all of my favorite PS3 games on my PS4! Its nice that Sony recognize that alot of people sold their PS3 to get a PS4 but still want to play all the great last gen games.

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

Ports are great to fill the gap between new titles, and I do not see the problem as a lot of the time ports are handled by a third party studio, so that leaves the original studio to work on the new stuff. I know TLOU and Metro are different to this case and being handled in house.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

How about Payday 3 instead, there are to many ports coming to both the PS4 and Xbox One and here I thought new consoles are for new games but that seems to only be for 2015 and beyond for the most part.

Edit: At least it has new content though.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Payday 2 is great when you're with a good group of friends. Really strong co-op experience if you can get people together. Playing with strangers is usually a little more... difficult.

WARDIE

WARDIE said:

I would rather have a few ports to fill the void than nothing at all. When the PS3 first launched there was nothing for the best part of a year. My only problem is pricing. I don't believe we should have to pay £60 for an old game which was priced at £40 last gen. I think the guys behind "Metro Redux " have the right idea. They are giving us two games for less than the price of one. People who buy a console at launch should know there is always a slow period before the big games start rolling out. Yeah we're getting alot of last gen games but atleast they're good games. There is no pleasing some people.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@InsaneMikeB Yea, we get to play games we already know and have completed - and pay full price all over again! Thank you game developers <3<3<3 This one makes less sense than anything else - bar TLOU - as it's only just come off of PS+.

@get2sammyb The problem is 99% of that good forthcoming new stuff is next year.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@WARDIE That's a good point. This generation has actually brought more games than a lot of previous generations in the same timespan. People expect miracles, clearly.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@InsaneMikeB orrrrr you could have you know held on to your ps3 like I did or even better Sony could have made the ps4 backwards compatible, you must have a lot of cash to burn
No way in hell will I buy gta5, last of us, tomb raider, this or any other game I still have or can easily buy really cheap for PC or ps3. I rather get punched in the face by a drunk gorilla because that makes more sense to me

InsaneMikeB

InsaneMikeB said:

@LDXD & @rastamadeus Unfortunately i don't have the shelf space for a pS3 & PS4. It was one or the other for other. Yeah Sony could have made the PS4 backwards compatible or just not release ports, but i honestly prefer paying for ports of awesome games rather than having a game drought for 12 months after a console release. Just a preference i suppose!

LDXD

LDXD said:

@InsaneMikeB yeah I understand its better than not having anything I think its great for people who have never played the games yet for example people who came from the 360 to ps4 get a chance to play last of us
To me it seems like a big waste of money and that's why I wish all systems could be backwards compatible I can see my future and I can see my house filled with all sorts of old systems, wires and controllers lol
Actually Now that I think about it, its already like that :(

ToOGoodOfAPlaya

ToOGoodOfAPlaya said:

They can barely support the consoles they released on, so I'm not convinced this is a good idea.

The remasters have been decent imo, Injustice for 12 quid was tops.
It beats the endless stream of junk Indies though. Hay ho!